Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What is an r/xr mount?

Just like the title says, what is a r/xr mount? Its marked on a kiron branded lens? Could it be ricoh?

09-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh did indeed make XR lenses, of which I have two. Other than watching out for their infamous pin, you can try mounting it to your camera (or safer yet, see if it matches one of your genuine PK lenses). I sure can't think of any other companies who used R as a code.
09-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. That is kind of what I was thinking. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure (I don't have the lens yet by the way).
09-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm hoping you won that lens so we can find out.

09-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Ricoh XR lenses may not have R/XR mount. R/XR mount may be something totally different.

See this listing. Look at photo #2. It doesn't look like pK mount to me.

Last edited by SOldBear; 09-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.
09-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I didn't win the auction but now I'm still curious about the mount. The seller had 2 lenses but didn't give good enough information. I would have bid more had I thought they were both pentax compatible (combined shipping) but the seller said the mounts looked different so I knew only 1 might be. I did bid on the r/rx mount one but didn't bid very high and got outbid. After the fact I realized the seller emailed pics but they are not that good. One looks like pentax, one doesn't but I'm not sure yet which is which. There were 2 lenses so I have no idea which pic is the r/rx lens but here they are. Here are the listings too

Kiron Removable Camera Lens with Hoya attachment. | eBay
Sears? Removable Camera Lens. | eBay

I know they went cheap but I have bought so many lenses on ebay recently I need to cut back. I have plenty of lenses in this zoom/aperture range. If nothing else they might have been for mount donation.
Attached Images

09-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They both look like straight K-mount to me. The second one has the "Ricoh pin". You can't tell on the first one because it is on the side of the lens you can't see.
09-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looking at the aperture ring and the zoom ring the second one looks like the sigma r/xr one to me so maybe it is ricoh. Looking at the one on shop good will, It actually looks like it could be ricoh mount. I can barely even tell if it has lugs due to the reflection but comparing it to a ricoh mount In my hand right now it looks similar. Almost dead center at the top is a pin that would be the ricoh pin and its in the correct location in relation to the aperture lever. Just under the aperture lever would be the edge of a lug (there is something there). My best guess is the goodwill one is ricoh too. I have seen stranger looking aperture levers on k mount lenses.