Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Pentaxian

SD Zoo - 35mm macro ltd and 70mm ltd

So today I hit the zoo. I spent almost the entire time in the reptile house with a quick detour to see the otters. I only used my 35mm macro ltd and 70mm ltd. I learned that the 35mm macro is invaluable due to its close focusing and is my favorite lens in my arsenal. It is my favorite normal-ish lens because I love its field of view and its close focussing ability comes in handy.
I also like the 70mm limited, but if you want to focus it manually, it really struggles. The focus ring is minuscule and my sausage fingers miss it a lot.
Anyway, here are my pics:
SD Zoo Sept 2011 - a set on Flickr
Of course any critique is welcomed.

09-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hmm, this thread probably belongs in the Lens section, but i'll let the mods decide
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

Nice set of photos. The San Diego Zoo is one of my favorites. You should check out the local photo club San Diego sSLR. We meeting for an evening shoot in Balboa Park tonight.