Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member
jerryleejr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 420
Lens repair

Just curious as to what a ball park number is to have a lens checked out or rebuilt if necessary?? Nothing major wrong with it but needs cleaned inside and out and maybe adjustments made to the mechanics. I know there are alot of variables but Pentax specific.

JJ

09-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
Just curious as to what a ball park number is to have a lens checked out or rebuilt if necessary?? Nothing major wrong with it but needs cleaned inside and out and maybe adjustments made to the mechanics. I know there are alot of variables but Pentax specific.

JJ
Many variables but in general, prime lens costs less than zoom. Same with MF and AF.

If the former expect $50-$100, the latter would normally cost more. That's the price in the US, but if you go to Asia, expect much cheaper. I got several lenses cleaned up and fixed in Asia, cost me $5-$10 each time.
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Chex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The 'Stoke, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,700
My Tamron Adaptall SP 60-300 has a bit of slop in the focus adjustment, I've been trying to find a repair shop in BC Canada... but if it needs to get shipped far it might be cheaper to find a replacement copy in better shape i guess.
09-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,292
E mail Eric and get a quote. He is great and quite reasonable if in the USA.

09-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Just1MoreDave's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,817
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
My Tamron Adaptall SP 60-300 has a bit of slop in the focus adjustment, I've been trying to find a repair shop in BC Canada... but if it needs to get shipped far it might be cheaper to find a replacement copy in better shape i guess.
I'd peel back the rubber grip and look for screws under it. That's one possible construction method. The Pentax-A 70-210mm f4 is like that, and all you'd have to do is tighten the screws.
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Chex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The 'Stoke, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,700
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I'd peel back the rubber grip and look for screws under it. That's one possible construction method. The Pentax-A 70-210mm f4 is like that, and all you'd have to do is tighten the screws.
I haven't yet attacked this lens, I've already repaired a few pulled apart a few others for a good cleaning, just not any of my adapatall lenses. The barrel can move about 3/16" and sure can make changing focal lengths and re-gaining focus a pain in the butt, when my 19AH (70-210) never looses it's focus on FL changes.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lens repair Dudley Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 12-11-2010 07:51 PM
Lens Repair Graham V Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 10-10-2010 04:35 AM
F/FA Lens Repair woof Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 09-27-2010 01:10 PM
lens repair hwilburn Ask B&H Photo! 3 08-09-2010 01:17 PM
Lens Repair? Spideralex90 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 06-01-2010 01:23 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top