Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, I did not know that you used that lens with M42 camera like spotmatic. I have not dissambled my 44M, but maybe this aid will help you about Idea behind that little ball you'v got there, if it does not...well I'm sorry about costing you some time... see part, where He puts that ball back at that lens...

Zeiss Contax lens for Pentax cameras

09-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It's alright - no worries!

I've put the lens back together, balls back in place, everything is fixed (except the M/A switch, I couldn't be bothered to put the washer underneath it, too difficult).. Turns out it was just a bent aperture pin. I don't really know how to fix this, with the back of the lens off I can pull it out but it still gets stuck back in, you can see that it's quite bent.. I mean not overly but there is a slight shift in direction. Any ideas to get it straight?

It's done, I used some pliers and bent it slightly.. AT LAST.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Sigh I spoke too soon- the lens won't screw onto the camera anymore. If the pin is out it doesn't screw on no matter if the lens is set to M or A, whether the shutter is locked or whatever setting is changed. If I push the pin in and it stays in, i can screw it on, then the pin unclicks once on the camera if I take a shot or two/change auto manual and the aperture. But then I can't unscrew the lens.. Arghh

Last edited by teartear; 09-19-2011 at 06:45 AM.
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by teartear Quote
Any ideas to get it straight?
I think this is the tool you need. Sorry for not warning you about the ball bearing - there's usually one everywhere where's a mechanical switch. I also hate them myself, but it's good you didn't lose yours. Good luck straightening that pin and keep us in touch!
09-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by teartear Quote
Sigh I spoke too soon- the lens won't screw onto the camera anymore. If the pin is out it doesn't screw on no matter if the lens is set to M or A, whether the shutter is locked or whatever setting is changed. If I push the pin in and it stays in, i can screw it on, then the pin unclicks once on the camera if I take a shot or two/change auto manual and the aperture. But then I can't unscrew the lens.. Arghh
Ummm...you did remember to put the meter switch on the camera back to the off position? Doing so moves the aperture actuator out of the way so that there is clearance for the pin. First rule of using any M42 body with stop-down metering is to return the meter switch to the off position before mounting/unmounting a lens.

Steve

P.S. It is likely the reason why your pin was bent in the first place.