Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
My eye site has been shit since the 4th grade yet I've never had any problem manual focusing. There are times however when catch-in-focus is a great help. That's one reason my Taks don't get used as much as my A lenses. My biggest annoyance is that I have trouble seeing the info line in the viewfinder, especially outside.
I'm thinking there are lots of ways in which your eyes can be bad and only some effect using a camera. I recently switched my drivers license over to NY (yea I have been here over a year), and passed the vision test for driving easy. I haven't been using manual focus lenses a long time so I'm thinking I may still be able to learn how to do it with my vision, though getting a diopter adjuster might help (been meaning to get one for a long time).

10-02-2011, 06:11 AM   #77
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I'm thinking there are lots of ways in which your eyes can be bad and only some effect using a camera. I recently switched my drivers license over to NY (yea I have been here over a year), and passed the vision test for driving easy. I haven't been using manual focus lenses a long time so I'm thinking I may still be able to learn how to do it with my vision, though getting a diopter adjuster might help (been meaning to get one for a long time).
A lot of people develop far sightedness as they get older, I can see how that would make focusing difficult. My problem has always been the exact opposite. I can read a book without my glasses if it is about 2 inches from my face. With my glasses on I can read the bottom line of the eye chart at the DMV from the waiting area. The diopter adjustment on my K-x is pretty easy, all the way to the right, but there is no possibility of my using it without glasses.