Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OS lenses cost too much, stay with SR, no real difference IMO.

09-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kanner Quote
OS lenses cost too much, stay with SR, no real difference IMO.
Which OS lenses do you have?
09-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
just don't drink coffee
Nor alcohol, nor cow's milk. Back in the day, my Army unit assigned me to a .45 ACP (*) marksmanship team. I was very very good. (Like, 2nd-best shot in the 1st Infantry Div.) But I had to fore-go coffee, tea, booze, milk (lactic acid messes-up vision), the smoking of plant leaves, and excitement, all of which had measurable negative impact on steadiness and visual acuity. I got into the Zen of pistol-shooting, being in a meditative state at the firing line, with all muscles held in calmness. (I used to brag that I could do dental work at 50 yards.)

The same discipline works with cameras. IMHO those SERIOUS about handholding should take a marksmanship course. (At least with cameras, we don't have to worry about losing a thumb.)

(*) .45 ACP: that's the 45-calibre Colt automatic pistol.
09-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nor alcohol, nor cow's milk. Back in the day, my Army unit assigned me to a .45 ACP (*) marksmanship team. I was very very good. (Like, 2nd-best shot in the 1st Infantry Div.) But I had to fore-go coffee, tea, booze, milk (lactic acid messes-up vision), the smoking of plant leaves, and excitement, all of which had measurable negative impact on steadiness and visual acuity. I got into the Zen of pistol-shooting, being in a meditative state at the firing line, with all muscles held in calmness. (I used to brag that I could do dental work at 50 yards.)

The same discipline works with cameras. IMHO those SERIOUS about handholding should take a marksmanship course. (At least with cameras, we don't have to worry about losing a thumb.)

(*) .45 ACP: that's the 45-calibre Colt automatic pistol.
Did you eat carrots too? You know that is a myth thought up by air command in the second world war because the allied planes had orange instrument clusters, not white like the Germaine planes because it was easier on night vision. Biggest mis information campaign in the history of warfare

09-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Did you eat carrots too? You know that is a myth thought up by air command in the second world war because the allied planes had orange instrument clusters, not white like the Germaine planes because it was easier on night vision. Biggest mis information campaign in the history of warfare
I ate raw carrots anyway but that was from habit. They had no measurable impact on my shooting, and I don't recall the arms instructor advocating them. No mention of a lack of blind bunnies either.