Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Altopiet, you are right. It seems that only a fraction of a millimeter causes the problem, because when I did the test a few weeks ago i turned the focussing past 30ft. More suprinsingly is, that I tested it again today and I didn't have problems even at infinity. I checked if lens and adapter(offical one from pentax) is screwed in correctly and everything seems normal. Really strange... .(If the mirror is stuck only sometimes then this might explain why some have the problem and some not.) So testing your lens is a good idea.
Nevertheless I think I will file off a tiny part - just for safety reasons.

10-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the Yashinon-DX 50/1.4 (a heavy but really fine lens)....and it works fine on my K10D and k-7. The protrusion beyond the base-mount is about 10mm at or beyond the infinity mark, so there is no problem of hitting the mirror. However, your lens may be calibrated differently (if someone reassemble it incorrectly).
10-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I am waiting to receive a Yashinon-DX 50/1.4. If it doesn't protrude further back than the 1.7 I am fine. Does anyone know if one protrudes further back than the other?
04-24-2019, 05:47 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery
This is an old thread, but someone may search for the info anyway, so here goes...

I have the vintage Yashinon DX 50mm f/2 lens and it hangs the mirror when the focus ring is set at anything above about 4 meters on the Pentax K5, with Kipon M42 adapter. it's the lens that touches, not the adapter. It's about a mm too long at infinity.