Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will Konica lens fit Pentax K100D?

I own a Pentax K100D and know of a Konica Auto Reflex TC film camera for sale with some good lenses.
Can anyone tell me if the lenses from the Konica will fit the K100D
The lenses are made by Kiron and are 80-200, 28-70.
If they don't fit is there an adaptor available.
Thanks for helping.

12-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I posted a photo a couple of months ago, I'd bought a 200mm Vivitar in a Konica mount.

It mounts. But it does not focus to infinity. The Konica design has one of the shortest mount to film distances, which made it possible to make adaptors for just about any other make for Konica, but not the other way around.

The Konica film SLRs are good cameras, and the lenses are good as well.

Sorry.
12-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

It mounts. But it does not focus to infinity.
Oh, I was not aware of that. I´m actually in the hunt for a macro lens for manual macro work only, so this is quite a new angle of veiw to the "what to get" - issue. I haven´t concidered the Konica´s at all.

How does it fit? I mean, is it a smooth fit without the feel of forcing the bayonet and will it stay on the camera body fairly secure?

Thanks!

// Mats
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Nesstor for the information.
Much appreciated.

12-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Maybe I'll fit one on tomorrow and take a pic. It wasn't a secure fit as I recall, and of course everything's in stop down mode.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/11833-square-p...ntax-hole.html

re cheap macro:

Today I played with VERY cheap macro: M42 adptor + Vivitar extension tubes + Tak 50/1.4

I could take a photo smaller than a postage stamp. And depending on which tube, I could get a close focus lens out of the Tak. I'd got a freebie 2x converter, and it was fun trying out the order in which to use them (often, the converter first, then ext tube, then lens, made for an interesting set)
12-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
roy
Inactive Account

it'll mount but not in a way the cam can use. just my 1 time experience