Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What lens spanner to get?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Well, I don't even know what it is called in my native language [Romanian], so I can't buy it locally unfortunately. But I have seen one on ebay that looks relatively inexpensive. Does anyone have some experience with these tools? Thanks as usual.

10-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
That is a good start... and also check out...

Micro-Tools Europe Werkzeuge | Miniaturwerkzeuge zur Kamera und Uhrenreparatur
10-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. Well I know about micro-tools from Germany, but I'm on a budget here, if you couldn't tell already
10-04-2011, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A pair of calipers works fine if you have a set or can borrow it. Do they have stores like Harbor Freight in Europe? The sell discount imported tools very cheap. A pair of their cheap calipers would do fine.

10-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #5

I have a Harbor Freight in town, I might have to go take a look and snag some calipers. Great idea. In the meantime, I just used a pair of mustache scissors. Worked out pretty well. Just have to be careful to not slip and scratch the lens or yourself. They seemed to wear the edge of the notches on the lens, though, just a bit. So I wouldn't recommend them if you're looking to keep your lens in pristine condition. Other than that, not bad for a $3 scissor.
10-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
A pair of calipers works fine if you have a set or can borrow it. Do they have stores like Harbor Freight in Europe? The sell discount imported tools very cheap. A pair of their cheap calipers would do fine.
+1. You can find a cheap caliper just about anywhere. File the points to fit the notches on the lens and you're all set with a Locking spanner. The one I use is an old digital that bit the dust a long time ago (that's what I get for buying cheap junk and paying a lot of money for it). It's had far more use as a lens tool than it Ever had as a caliper.

10-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nail scissors ftw!!!

By the way thank you all for opening my eyes that I can freely improvise