Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2011, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

And to think that in the film days, black bodies were sought after... But now silver bodies and lenses are in vogue, when did they pull this fast one on us?

10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not a fan of silver in electronic's, I think it looks cheap.
Give me black anyday.
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
Veteran Member

My original digicam is a 1mpx blue-silver Sony DSC-P20. I tried to paint it black so it would be less conspicuous. Paint didn't stick well. Now it looks leprous. Not exactly stealthy, eh? My recommendation: Use better paint.
10-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Not a fan of silver in electronic's, I think it looks cheap.
Give me black anyday.
You need to hold a silver FA limited and a black one side by side, and see which one looks cheaper, especially well used ones

10-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everyone who helped sort this out... especially the swimsuit pics! Now that just makes me want BOTH!
10-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #21
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
You need to hold a silver FA limited and a black one side by side, and see which one looks cheaper, especially well used ones
true on this one. Although I'm not fan of a silver lenses on black bodies, the silver FA ltds are finished better than black ones. On the black ones the paint wears off just as on any other black lens (think of well used 50s of M series). I've never seen it happen on silver FA ltd. If silver DAs are the same then the finish is better for sure....FA* are very different story though
10-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ronhendriks1966 Quote
to make it more easy to understand:

It's like silver

versus black:

Comprende?
yea!!! Now i want both

10-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #23
Veteran Member

All the Limited lenses should be silver (or aluminum) colored. The black ones should worth 2 cents more because they need to paint it.
10-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
All the Limited lenses should be silver (or aluminum) colored. The black ones should worth 2 cents more because they need to paint it.
You think like an engineer, not a salesman. In the early 1980's I was in on product development at a software spinoff run by the parent firm's former lead lawyer. I pushed for budget pricing of the warez; he insisted on making them premium products. The result: The (pioneering) parent firm and zillions of budget-warez firms have vanished, and this spinoff is still operating.

Positioned carefully, premium products succeed. And often it's just illusion that makes something seem special. Aluminium can be anodized in about any color; produce a mix that's 90% black, 5% white, 2% red, 2% silver, and 1% gold, and those 'rare' colors can easily be priced higher -- and they'll sell! Engineers don't comprehend this insanity and marketers do, the swine!