Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zoom ring lock?

Hi all,

I just went out for shooting and my DA*16-50 zoom ring was suddenly stuck at around 40mm. Can't rotate it at all. AF is OK, I turn it off and on again, not working, remove battery, not working. I even try to take out the lens (not completely, as I don't have another lens with me and usually don't like the camera exposed without any lens attached) and put it back, not working.I didn't try to use lot of force to turn it to loosen it. It didn't bang on anything or dropped. I come back home, completely remove the lens, then it can rotate again. What is going on here?

Anyone experience this before?

Lee

10-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One possibility, Several weeks back someone had a lens that some of the rear internal parts fell out of. Even though I swore up and down it couldn't happen (he originally thought they came from the inside of his K5), all 4 of these pieces wound up in the mirror box of the camera. Check your lens to see if anything inside is rattling around our obviously out of place (jamming the zoom).