Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chilichoco Quote
Hi,

I am looking for a fantastic Macro for my K10D. Does the Pentax line up have a dedicated macro?
Any suggestions from Sigma or Tamron from users? Will be a big help...

Thanks and regards

Just my experience. The best macro lens perhaps ever made is the Kiron 105mm f2.5 macro. It's made under the Kiron, Lester A Dine, and Vivitar Series ! names. I have had a couple of Kirons for my Konica stuff for years, and picked up a Vivitar Series 1, brand new old stock in the box, for my Pentax K10D, for $175. Manual focus, but can't be beat.

The Tamron SP 90mm macro is also a great lens. You can buy the new one with auto focus and 1:1 for under $400 I think.

Good luck,
Cheers

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, k10d, macro, macro lens suggestions, pentax lens, slr lens, suggestions