Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
MD/MC to PK adaptor

Has any-one had any experience with a Minolta MD/MC to PK adaptor,I'm very interested in one that I have found that is said to infinity focus & have glass to make it 1:1.As I have a huge collection of very fast ROKKOR MC/MD glass from my Minolta SRT's it would be great to use them on my Pentax's.

10-13-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If you come across such a magickal adapter, please tell us! Minolta register (flange focal distance, from lens base to film or sensor plane) is shorter than Pentax. The only ways to get infinity focus with an MD lens on a PK camera is either 1) shave 2mm from the lens body, or 2) use an optical adapter. Optical adapters are short teleconverters, making the MD lenses slower, longer, and with a bit lower IQ. A 1:1 non-degradating adapter would be magick! I want one! So does everybody else with MD lenses.
10-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm holding out for a FF EVIL, once such things exist at a reasonable price. I might be waiting a few years, but then the beautiful old MC, C/Y, etc. lenses I have available have been sitting unused for more than a few years already. Patience...
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I might just have to bite the bullet and buy the convertor (Its not expensive). I will test it with a roll of film in my MZ-S and compare it with results in one of my SRT's. If its any good I will post the results. If I don't post you'll know its a dud.

05-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
yes i have one it is ok
06-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #6

I bought a glassless MD to K mount adapter (no infinity focus) as I was interested in using only my macro gear. From the photographs of the adapters with glass on eBay it is merely one of these without the lens. The build is pretty decent however there is a lot of play on the Minolta mount side. Taking it apart and spreading the "springs" on the flange helped some but there is still some play and varies depending on the lens. I'm tempted to find a teleconverter for cheap and cannibalizing the flange from there. There is also some vignetting near the full-extension of the bellows or some of the macro lenses. This probably is not a problem with normal, telephoto and zoom lenses.
06-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

IFF
.1) You don't mind shooting only macro, AND
.2) The MD lenses isn't too long+heavy, AND
.3) You don't mind mucking-up the lens a bit,
THEN
Here is a cheap solution. Get some ultra-cheap PK macro tube sets. Save the tubes; just use the PK mount sections. Epoxy the female section around the MD bayonet. (If it's a lightweight lens you don't wish to permanently alter, use contact cement, which dissolves in acetone.) Let it dry thoroughly. Now screw-in the male section, and voila! Note: Some lenses, like the MD Kiron-made 85-210/4.5 in my hands now, have a small tab that prevent the mount section from sitting flush. Either breat off the tab, or dremel a spot in the mount for it.