Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #241
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Just had a look at the manual lenses forum re soligor, and yup, that first piccy is my lens. sweet! And I also have 15 blades!!! phwoarrrr... I wasn't expecting that! FASCINATING.
Wish I was at home to take piccies..... it's been rainy all day - perfect photography weather!!!
Geez wolfiegirl, your streak of beginner's luck seem to be holding up rather well, still! Other than the dubious quality of the Makinon lens, the rest seem to have turned out to be keepers. I wonder how the Soligor 180/3.5 would stack up against the other more notable 180/2.5/2.8... Perhaps it's time for you to go buy a lottery ticket, maybe your luck will extend there as well - if you win big, please send me my 10%.

11-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #242
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
haha excanonfd. very funny. i'm not going to tempt fate with a lottery ticket. to be fair, i've had a few duds though.

the vivi that i paid $30 odd for from israel that's probably a minolta (it's got a little 'tick' in one of the flanges), and let's not forget the kiron with the yashica mount. then there's the F zoom 28-80 that I paid $30 for. I was going to bundle it with my second k100d body and resell, but realised in order to recoup my $$ I'd need to sell it for at least $280. That looks like a lot??! Not sure if it would sell or not. That k100d has about a 12,700 odd shutter count.

I've also got a stuck f/2 50mm focus ring that I don't know what to do with, the Tokina with the fungus infested lenses (those two came at $30 after ebay 'discussions' and a miranda 300 that has a hazey back element.

I've got two tammies coming that I don't really "need" and um, what else...

I guess in the big scheme of things I've had a lot of gems, but there have definitely been bad ones...

Oh, I also need to test out the cheapy 28mm that came with a prakticka that I got offered for $10. I've spent biiiig in the last month. I need to sell to justify it all and get some cashies back. But if it all comes back in paypal $$.... it doesn't really make my bank account look healthy!

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-08-2011 at 03:28 AM.
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #243
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
LOL. I feel like I'm in a rural market town in China and everyone's offering me their wares. Gawd, I went once and we were totally mobbed. My friend and I were chased by merchants as we made our way back to the bus. "buy! buy! buy!"
That's happened to me in Guatemala. A bystander said that Syrian vendors are even more aggressive. The only solution is to RUN RUN RUN!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I myself recently found out that I can mount microscope lenses to my DSLR. I was forced to buy 3 different kinds of Nikon Plan Achromats. 4x, 10x and 40x. The results are very good, but those tiny lenses surely don't come cheap.
Oh, and how do you mount those, and use them, and what are some less-costly options?
[/me nonchalantly inquires whilst LBA demon raises its ugly head]
11-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #244
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
That's happened to me in Guatemala. A bystander said that Syrian vendors are even more aggressive. The only solution is to RUN RUN RUN!!!
Yeah tell me about it. We did run. It would've made for a hilarious shot, that's for sure. Felt like I was being chased by a plague. I think I caved (how typical) and eventually haggled down to a crazy price just to get rid of them. Once I bought something they all left. Phew!

11-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #245
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ok, so I tried out both the Takkie 1:1.8/55 and the Soligor 180mm.

The Takkie rendered some absolutely incredible shots.

Her tongue looks so real.., like you could reach out and touch it!

And here's the soligor:

Looks pretty tack sharp to me! Although.. the background seems... pixelated? A bit noisy perhaps?

Here's another background to compare:

I should point out I did up the contrast a bit on these. I'm finding that the soligor lacks a little in contrast - that perhaps a hood might alleviate? But the sharpness on the puppies' fur seems pretty impressive. Especially from the 2 metres + that I was standing from them! Perhaps the bokeh isn't as smooth as the Tak, but I'm still pretty impressed with what this baby can do!
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #246
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hey wolfie, heres something to really tempt LBA.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/165022-sale-p...worldwide.html
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #247
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And just where, pray you wiz am I going to find $850???? I have yet to sink into a life of crime in order to fund my LBA...
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #248
Pentaxian

For my sins, wolfie, I just let myself talk myself into a FA135 F2.8. I don't actually NEED a 135mm portrait lens, as I have the most excellent 50-135 and SMC 135 F2.5, but sheesh it looked so nice....

I have re-ignited my lens lust which has been dormant for quite a few months. I feel the NEED for a DFA 100mm WR macro.

And for what its worth, my Fa31 cost me a lot more than $850.00, I thinks that a great price for the lens.

11-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #249
Pentaxian

Original Poster
. . .

wow. and here I am trying to figure out how to play with my brand new polish mikar enlarging lens that cost me $17 shipped.....

For $850, that'd be a whole lotta enlarging lenses!! *snarf*

I'd love a 100mm WR macro one day, but I'm pretty happy with the 90mm, even though it hasn't had much an outing since my m42s arrived..... Having said that, I did mount it onto the kx this morning, and am now "packing" two bodies everywhere I go.... bwahahhaa
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #250
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
For my sins, wolfie, I just let myself talk myself into a FA135 F2.8. I don't actually NEED a 135mm portrait lens, as I have the most excellent 50-135 and SMC 135 F2.5, but sheesh it looked so nice....
I'd like to think I helped talk you into it too

Don't worry, I think you're really going to like it
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote

I have re-ignited my lens lust which has been dormant for quite a few months. I feel the NEED for a DFA 100mm WR macro.

And for what its worth, my Fa31 cost me a lot more than $850.00, I thinks that a great price for the lens.
The DFA 100 is the third lens on my go everywhere 3 lens wish list.

DA15 - needs to be bought soon
DA40 (or FA43) - DA40 is on the camera
DFA 100 WR - will probably get a M100/4 macro in the meantime to replace my M50/4 macro and M135 telephoto

this is small, light and they all have 49mm filter threads

After the DA15 CBA is the next thing for me. I can't decide to upgrade to the K5 when they have gone down in price next summerish or get a 2nd compact body (mirrorless) like the NX20/200 w/ 30mm pancake since I travel a lot.
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #252
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abacus07 Quote
The DFA 100 is the third lens on my go everywhere 3 lens wish list.

DA15 - needs to be bought soon
DA40 (or FA43) - DA40 is on the camera
DFA 100 WR - will probably get a M100/4 macro in the meantime to replace my M50/4 macro and M135 telephoto

this is small, light and they all have 49mm filter threads

After the DA15 CBA is the next thing for me. I can't decide to upgrade to the K5 when they have gone down in price next summerish or get a 2nd compact body (mirrorless) like the NX20/200 w/ 30mm pancake since I travel a lot.
Well, as it happens Abacus, I have the M100/f4 I might be convinced to sell it to you. (I need the money to send to Dan...)
11-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #253
Veteran Member

LBA funds, hmmmmm sell wolfies perhaps? Think of the added savings on wolfie food. No wolfie hair to sneak into camera bodies to create weird artifacts in pics.
You might even be able to afford some Clinton walk around lenses like the humungous 600mm lenses for taking pics of droppings from other wolfie owners.
11-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #254
Pentaxian

Original Poster

i couldn't sell my wolfies.... what would i take photos of if I didn't have my wolfies???
11-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #255
Veteran Member

Hmm... Breed bunches of little wolfies to sell maybe?

Absolutely love the first pic up above. Wonderful shot.