Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #316
Forum Member

There is only one obsession that's more messed than LBA:

...Continuous browser updating of "Track & Confirm" on a recent splurge.

Surprisingly, a package doesn't move much in a period of 5 minutes or 15secs for that matter.

11-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #317
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the rec Ron. I actually already own a 90mm Tammy macro. It has that creamy blurriness that you say is the best bokeh. I'm just trying to learn what my other lenses can do and how to incorporate them into my repetoire.
11-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #318
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MagusAku Quote

Surprisingly, a package doesn't move much in a period of 5 minutes or 15secs for that matter.

Yeah, the one time I wish I ordered priority instead of first mail... i'm still waiting on my 300mm preset... and there's no way of knowing where it is... *grumbles* :ugh:
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #319
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I wish I ordered priority instead of first mail
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

11-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #320
Pentaxian

Original Poster
yeah good point. i would've had to have paid double in postage.. *sigh*
11-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #321
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MagusAku Quote

That made me laugh. I'm doing that about 3X a day tracking a package for my folks now because they're so anxious for what's in it. I've got UPS on "give me email updates status" and short of going out and finding the truck and the package myself and hand delivering it to them it's not going to get here any faster, but a couple, three times a day I get an anxious phone call, and all that over a set of stainless steel cooking pots! The non-stick cookware my folks have been using is really cheap. Typical Walmart crap that I warned them not to buy in the first place. The non-stick is just showing that it's peeling off, probably has been in minute amounts for months. But last week they noticed it and then they read some article about the evils of non-stick coatings and how if they peel they can cause stomach cancer and now they're in a panic. So it's back to stainless steel pots and frying pans which is actually fine by me as I never liked non stick and won't have it in my kitchen anyway. (I have older all glass pots and cast iron fry pans, a good stainless wok pan.)

3X a day I'm checking for a package though like it's got something important in it! I just wish it was lenses. That at least would be more understandable then obsessing over some freakin cooking pots.
11-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #322
Veteran Member

I was just thinking of you the other day magkelly - was in another oppy scrounging for cameras and saw two barbies sitting next to the counter.
OPPY?=Thrift store? I think?

I've got a lot of people in my thrift store trained that way it looks like, associating me with the Barbie dolls. Last time I went in the cashier I see the most pulled a really nice little fabric doll couch and a chair from under her counter and told me she'd saved it for "The Barbie Lady." $3 for both and needless to say I was very pleased that she'd thought of me.
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #323
Pentaxian

Original Poster
yup. oppy, short for op shop which is short for opportunity shop. what we call thrift shops in australia

i haven't managed to strike up a relationship with any of the staff here. and i'm pretty sure there are lots of camera buffs in canberra who scour the shops for cameras too.

11-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #324
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Today's fix: DA* 55 and a Sigma 85 1.4.

I think I really do need help.
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #325
Pentaxian

Original Poster

i'm DYING to buy something. have an itch i need to scratch.... but i also don't want to feel any buyers remorse...

quick! someone send something cute my way so i can snap it instead of snapping lenses.....
11-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #326
Veteran Member

i'm DYING to buy something. have an itch i need to scratch.... but i also don't want to feel any buyers remorse...

quick! someone send something cute my way so i can snap it instead of snapping lenses.....
I'd offer to sell you my kit lenses since I won't be needing them soon, but you probably already have them.
11-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #327
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
I'd offer to sell you my kit lenses since I won't be needing them soon, but you probably already have them.

i'm eyeing up another lot atm. broken down each lens is in my budget. but in total it's a big chunk of cash.

arggggh. need to Step. Away. From Computer. *grits teeth*
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #328
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm doing that about 3X a day
I'm taking that value as 31-39 times a day.

Man! I thought I was messed up. XD
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #329
Veteran Member

i'm eyeing up another lot atm. broken down each lens is in my budget. but in total it's a big chunk of cash.

arggggh. need to Step. Away. From Computer. *grits teeth*
Do what I did and tell yourself that your eyesight is too bad to use manual lenses. I got rid of all mine after that. Of course that means I now have to buy all autofocus stuff, which isn't good for the budget.

Oh well, I can get 2 more years out of my car. Lenses are more fun than cars anyway.
11-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #330
Pentaxian

Original Poster

the guy got back to me. am now setting up a time to inspect...... *gulp* this is a $200+ lot we're talking about here..........

i'm actually quite enjoying manual. i'm finding i'm getting better/more keepers the longer i work at it, but the CIF helps. although on the kx, there is no red flashy square....