Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by j-pol Quote
there is even one blogsite that "specializes" in toy city effect.
I just want to add that there are many blogs full of T/S pictures (genuine or Photoshop fakes). My favorite is the bitter*girls (try the bali*style gallery): So-net blog:the bitter*girls

Cheers,

Abbazz

06-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a great thread, I had no idea such lenses existed. I have used the perspective correction in PSP-X to fix some city street shots where the buildings lean toward center. Often I find 100% correction does not look right, so back off a little to get a natural look.
06-14-2007, 02:04 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
This is a great thread, I had no idea such lenses existed. I have used the perspective correction in PSP-X to fix some city street shots where the buildings lean toward center. Often I find 100% correction does not look right, so back off a little to get a natural look.
Digital manipulation has to a large degree replaced the need for perspective control previously done with shift lenses, however there is no way (yet) that depth of field control can be done digitally which can be very effectively done with tilt lenses.

The Hartblei Super Rotator mount is one of the best implementations, as it can also be rotated through 360 deg, allowing tilt (and shift) in any plane. The Arax mount and even the Nikon and Canon mounts don't have the same degree of flexibility.

Hartblei now manufacture versions with 35mm, 65mm, 80mm and 120mm lenses which are Russian made based on old Zeiss designs and equipment, they have some issues with flare control, mainly when stopped down, but are optically pretty decent. The quality of the mechanical engineering of the Hartblei lenses is extremely high, very well finished all metal and very smooth actions, very impressive.

They now also supply the latest German Zeiss lenses and can mount customers own MF lenses from certain makes, both these options are somewhat more expensive, but the quality from the latest Zeiss glass would be exceptional, but beyond the reach or requirement of most people, including myself, but if one was doing a lot of studio product work, I could imagine it being very worthwhile.
06-14-2007, 03:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have since the start of this thread bought the Hartblei Super-rotator 120mm; I use it for macro work, mounted on close-up tubes. Great results, even if lack of time prevented me to do nothing more that tests shots.

I have also adapted a 18mm Zuiko lens over a tilt and shift Hama bellows, but I find the hack not really useful: the DOF is so extended even at large apertures, that the gain with tilt is not much noticeable. Plus, the 35mm format circle allows just a small amount of tilt over APS-C. In the end, a waste of money.