Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #1

FA*250-600, FA 200 macro

There are a few Pentax lenses nearly impossible to acquire. One is the FA*250-600. Another, in particular, is the FA200 macro.

Since these lenses were created in the 90s, could a third party manufacturer make optically equivalent lenses to these legendary lenses? Do optical patents expire after 20 years? If the patents haven't expired (or even if they have), Pentax should consider re-releasing these two lenses. There's nothing like them on the market.

10-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I agree. I have never seen the former for sale before; however, I have seen the FA 200mm Macro show up in the marketplace at least once in the past year.

Pentax really should put them back on the market, maybe with improved AF (built in motor) and in WR bodies. Of course, they'd be expensive, but I know quite a few guys out there that would pay the price...
10-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They should, and I'm sure they will, some day...

I'm not sure how the sigma 150mm will match up, but once it comes out I will definitely make a do a comparative review.
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro Lens 106109 B&H Photo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Yes, I agree. I have never seen the former for sale before; however, I have seen the FA 200mm Macro show up in the marketplace at least once in the past year.

Pentax really should put them back on the market, maybe with improved AF (built in motor) and in WR bodies. Of course, they'd be expensive, but I know quite a few guys out there that would pay the price...

I would hope so/ Presumably they got the designs from Hoya as part of the sale. most these white paint exotic long lenses
have already been given IF features so they move a minimal amount of freight to focus. I wouldn't expect these monster
glass pieces to ever be big sellers, but the pentax designs are very Good. Indeed I've seen all sorts of pentax things insulted,
some times for no reason at all, but I've never seen any one diss their long glass----except to complain that it isn't made any more.

IT would be reasonable to upgrade those put back in production to be AF and maybe WR.

Every so often I just take my A*400 f/2.8 out of its case and hug it. It is just just a marvelous piece of work that it deserves a hug once in a while.

10-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Well the questions for new lenses keep popular. Pentax does need to bring out some new items in 2012/2013.

The lensdesign poll.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/146454-wich-le...r-d-money.html
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I don't know if it's optically equivalent or not, obviously the focal length is a bit different, but sigma has the 300-800.
10-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I don't know if it's optically equivalent or not, obviously the focal length is a bit different, but sigma has the 300-800.
Not available in Pentax mount.