Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Hey Ripit,

I'm using Auction Gator at the moment. I had to provide my ebay login and pass in order for them to bid on my behalf. I assumed all sniper programs had to.

Thanks for the forum linky! Will go and check it out.

Yes, I realised when using the sniping program last night, it's just like putting a bid in ebay except I use another program. So I'm basically doing the same thing as before. It's just that the bid gets put in at the last minute instead of early. It probably works better anyway coz I don't have to worry. Someone else (the program) is keeping an eye on it for me instead. And I don't sit there and watch the seconds tick by and agonise over the price/purchase.
It's also great for auctions that end in the middle of the night etc. or when you are at work. Sometimes auctions that end in the middle of the night (or even worse, the middle of the week and the middle of the night) go the cheapest and you don't have to do anything but set the snipe at a more convenient time and see the results the next morning. .

10-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
It's also great for auctions that end in the middle of the night etc. or when you are at work. Sometimes auctions that end in the middle of the night (or even worse, the middle of the week and the middle of the night) go the cheapest and you don't have to do anything but set the snipe at a more convenient time and see the results the next morning. .
Yeah that's what happened last night. The macro that went for $80 odd that I only bid $25 for. I didn't want it *that* badly to stay up till 2am or whatever forsaken hour it was that it closed. Stupid international time zones....
10-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #63
Pentaxian

I use AuctionStealer which works very well in these kinds of situations.
10-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #64
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Cool. I'm on AuctionRaptor atm and I'm finding it actually helps me curb my spending because effectively it doesn't register my bid until the end. So even if I impulsively think, "let's bid on this!" I can still change my mind before the auction ends. Whereas on ebay itself once you're committed, you're committed. Until someone outbids you of course. But as Murphy's Law goes, that never happens when you realise too late you shouldn't have bid in the first place.....