Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Edit: The wife just walked in and saw the images of the dirty kitchen so if I turn up missing you will know why.
I can relate)

10-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
FYI - DA 21 acquired!!!!!! Can't wait to get it in and post some shots! Thanks again, everyone!!!! I *heart* ya :-D

Acquired? Christmas present? What planet are you on?
10-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's surprising how many people have the same experience. I also got the birthday/Christmas gift request and said the DA15. I don't need the AF but I need the small size and 49mm filter thread. I'm also happy that it's an outstanding lens. And even though I love my A50/1.7 instead of upgrading to the FA50/1.4 I bought a DA40 with my fantasy baseball winnings. I needed a normal AF lens for street shooting and general usage. And I figured that I can have both the DA40 and the A50 this way. But I don't have the DA35/2.4. imo there is no reason to get 2 AF lenses so close in focal length while you are still building your kit. Instead of the DA 40 I would recommend the DA15/21 (which you got) or the DA70 since you like doing portraits. Or maybe even the FA50 since it's not that expensive and you like A50.