Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
You're quite right Steve: the TC acts as a focus limiter--very useful in certain situations. With other lenses & TCs, I use catch-in-focus in those situations.

BTW, my suggestion for the the "grizzly closer than MFD problem" is to run like hell.
When the grizzly is that close, running won't work. Just say your prayers and hope he is in vegetarian mode for the day.

10-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find that this 1.7X TC with the DA*300/4 works "as expected" but nowhere near giving the original quality of the tele lens on its own.
Surprisingly, some members here have posted some great shots using the combo.
Personally, out of ten shots taken with the TC +lens described above, I will be lucky to get one good and clear shot.
That could well be because I don't use a tripod, who knows?

Anyway, this is my TC of choice when I HAVE TO use one.

JP
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
I've had one for since my old SFX and have used it a lot on that and my current K7, it works great on the Tamron 70-200 giving me the extra reach when i need it,
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I realise this is a fairly elderly thread but I recently picked up a used copy of the Pentax-F AF 1.7 Converter for £50 at (the last camera shop in my city) a local store... Had some thought and didn't see the point in creating a new thread...

I spent half an hour experimenting with it this evening and it appears to work particularly well paired with my 'Pentax-M 40mm 2.8'... From the quick test I did (using a Coke can at ISO-5000) it appears (to my eye using only the K5's LCD screen) to give a slight increase in IQ!

I'll post something when I have a more interesting subject...

The M40 is not a lens I use often but paired with the F-1.7-AF-Converter it gives a FoV of 68mm (unless my math is way out) which sits quite nicely between my FA50 and D-FA100mm macro lens... So it makes a little used lens more useful too!

03-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Would anyone know where I could get the AF gear on mine fixed? Eric Hendrickson repaired it and it worked for a while, but then failed again. He said he didn't have parts to replace the damaged gear.
03-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #21
Veteran Member

In the UK, Yes... The US, not so much...

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
Would anyone know where I could get the AF gear on mine fixed? Eric Hendrickson repaired it and it worked for a while, but then failed again. He said he didn't have parts to replace the damaged gear.

If willing to send to the UK, Robin at Harrow Technical would be my first point of contact... He's the UK's Eric but he's a Robin....