Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #1

Need advice! Which lens

Hello,

I have Pentax K100D super and i am looking for zoom lens.

I am intrested in Tamron 70-200mm http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/tamron_70-200_2p8_c16/. As I never had Tamron lens before, I know little about them. In some articles I read that this lens is very slow, because it doesn't have HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor for faster shots) comparing with Sigma. I have two Sigma lenses that I am currently using, and I know, that not always you succeed to buy good Sigma lens at first time. But I also think about Sigma 70-200mm Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review ..
The biggest problem is that, that before buying any of these lenses, I will not be able to try it, because my family member, who is going to buy it abroad, don't know about photography at all..Or maybe you can suggest some other lens?

Last edited by Precious; 10-22-2011 at 02:05 AM.
10-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
lens advice

hiya

I've got the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 on a K7 and it is pretty nippy on focusing unless the light levels are really low. it's almost become my standard lens when i'm out shooting. i had the same should i go Tamron or Sigma when i got it last year, i read several reviews and comparisons online and in magazines and found a dealer with both lens in stock to try them out on my K7 before going with the Tamron,, most of my other lenses are Tamron but i wanted to make sure i got a good lens i was comfortable with for the money I was spending -£800

Steve