Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A question about the 77ltd

I have just bought the k5 and decided that the first thing I should do is check focusing for my lenses. Anyway it seems that my 77 needs more than the adjustment allows. Even at the maximum of 10+ it seems slightly out of focus.

I didnít use a focus chart I had a newspaper flat on the wall. The reason I think it is still off is because at there is a significant increase in sharpness from f4 to f6.3. I do not think this should be the case. f4 and f6 should be of similar sharpness. Can anyone confirm this?

images are here kaedepics: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

If the difference between f4 f6 should be negligible then it is a focusing error and needs more adjustment. Does this mean I have to take the body in or is it a problem with the lens?

Any help would be much appreciated

10-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #2

any other problem with other lens?

My K-5 had issues with all my FA limited and i had sent it in for calibration. Only discover this recently, used to think it was user error for the softness and wide open until i did a simple battery test. even +10 adjustment could not compensate so had to send it in for calibration, most likely the body needs to be calibrated.

Still awaiting the camera back from japan. Now playing with NEX 5N adapting my pentax lens
10-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I don't think shooting a newspaper flat on the wall is the proper way to go about checking for ff and bf issues. It is flat on the wall making it 1 dimensional. Plus, the camera needs to be level relative to the target. Likely, your adjustments under these circumstances have done more to get it out of adjustment.
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the replys.

I have used the angled test chart method before and because I have heard that it is not the best method, after going here http://www.northlight-oimages.co.uk/article_pages/cameras/1ds3_af_micoadjustment.html
I did both the moire test and the paper on the wall test, each gave the same results.