Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

There is a genuine adapter on ebay right now for $29 (25.95 + 3 shipping.

11-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Thanks!
11-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Henry's has them for $89.99, price gouging?
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I don't think this is Pentax OEM. First it looks wrong, second the seller says "(Third-party) M42 Lens Adapter Ring for Pentax K mount;"

11-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #20
Veteran Member

It is the older adapter, from when asahi still owned pentax.
11-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
What holds the lens on with a de-clipped clone? I have visions of setting a f stop and detaching the lens at the same time.
Just friction, hence care is indicated.

As for the second question I'd seem to recall reading about quality (Japanese ?) 3rd party adapters which even have a flange to depress the M42 aperture pin, but these are rather hard to find.
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Depending on lens-base width (and its value!) we can dremel a slot into the base for the PK locking pin to engage. Cut the slot about 1mm+ wide and deep, and 5mm long.

11-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
I don't think this is Pentax OEM. First it looks wrong, second the seller says "(Third-party) M42 Lens Adapter Ring for Pentax K mount;"
It is, from how it looks.
BTW, ricoh sell the OEM adapters for $21.95 in pentax webstore now?
too cheap to be true
11-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
It is the older adapter, from when asahi still owned pentax.
kenafein, good. I noticed it's gone, hope you snagged it.

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote

As for the second question I'd seem to recall reading about quality (Japanese ?) 3rd party adapters which even have a flange to depress the M42 aperture pin, but these are rather hard to find.
Interesting thanks. I'll keep an eye open for one. Probably find it shortly after a cheap 50/1.2.

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Depending on lens-base width (and its value!) we can dremel a slot into the base for the PK locking pin to engage. Cut the slot about 1mm+ wide and deep, and 5mm long.
RioRico that's a great idea. Sadly I don't think any lenses I have are big enough. But why not attach a compression collar. A collar would fit on any TAK I have and make up the required size to engage the locking pin. Shouldn't be all that expensive, easy to affix and wouldn't mark the lens at all. One could have raw aluminum for that I roll my own look or black anodized for a OEM look.

QuoteOriginally posted by MegaPower Quote
It is, from how it looks.
BTW, ricoh sell the OEM adapters for $21.95 in pentax webstore now?
too cheap to be true
I visited yesterday and this is what is still displayed.
"Available for backorder"
Hope I'm wrong but I think that means it is "too cheap to me true"
I did one of those email when it's in stock deals sometime ago and have not heard from them.

B
U
T

B&H has some for $25. Adam confirmed these are OEM.
Pentax Mount Adapter K 30120 B&H Photo Video

Great for the US but not so for the rest of the world as shipping is very spendy.

Anyway I hope that helps someone.

Regards to all
11-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #25
Veteran Member

The SRB-Griturn adapter seems to be very Pentax-like, at least according to Lloydy on this forum (he's mentioned it quite often). It's available here:

M42 lenses on Pentax K

And they appear to ship internationally.

HOWEVER, looking at the picture on the linked page, it doesn't appear to have the squared-off flange lug that's necessary for reliable operation. This is very puzzling indeed, because this is something that Lloydy has pointed out as being present on this adapter (thereby making it one of the very few which share this feature with the Pentax adapter). In fact, he's posted photos of it (since deleted).

So, there's now a question mark over this (otherwise viable and affordable) adapter. Can anyone shed any light on this?