Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #31
Lev
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You don't want to speed up its focus for free?
no I want to get what I'm paying for. Image quality, silent motor, accurate auto focus, smooth manual focus. I got only first one for $1000!

02-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
no I want to get what I'm paying for. Image quality, silent motor, accurate auto focus, smooth manual focus. I got only first one for $1000!
Well, I have three of the four.

Different situation from you because I bought it second hand.

If you find you get a bad copy from a dealer, of course, send it back and insist on another. Camera lenses cost a lot of money and we're entitled to one that's 'up to spec'.

02-18-2018, 05:26 AM   #33
Lev
Veteran Member

Well, it already look like a tradition, almost everything I got has been returned and replaced. I'm trying to buy any kind of gear as new as possible because if anything goes wrong I'm then facing a big difficulties with customs and transportation, spending a lot of money sending back anything. Now this lens, I was waiting for it very long time, was afraid of SDM issues and when I've received a letter from B&H that it's relatively new, I decided to go for it and got complete garbage at the end. Everything were questionable, loose focus ring, inaccurate auto focus, squeaking noises.... My friends are asking me why I'm looking for troubles and why can't I just buy something traditional gear like Canon of Nikon, they are most used gear here where I live and replacing them is as easy as buying a gum in supermarket. But I love Pentax and I want to stay with this system. Using my current body and lenses is so fun, nothing gives me more enjoyable experiences like using my 100mm macro in the field for instance. I just wanted to try a pro level portrait lens and boom! here we go again.