Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sincere thanks to lens reviewers

I would just like to say a word of thanks to all the Pentax lens reviewers on this site. Their comments, and in many cases fine images as well, have helped me to evaluate my purchases. In my case, I have bought two limited lenses: the DA70 and the DA15, to a large extent on the basis of comments I have read on this website. And I am pleased to say that after using both lenses, the comments reflect my own experience. Some reviews on other sites concentrate too much on resolution, and not enough on color rendering, ease of use, or even subtle details like "unintimidating" (a big asset for the DA70 as a portrait lens), and flare resistance (in the case of the DA15). These useful assets were clearly featured by different users here. A sincere thanks to all of you!
Regards, jmb

11-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Its always good to look at photos taken by the lens owners them selves and read what they have to say, they often provide more insight to lens characteristics than the review sites.

I often do the same when looking to buy a new lens.
11-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Resolution is something easy to test, but to appreciate other characteristics of a lens, photographer needs to use it for some time and know it. I also rather look at user opinions. Please make sure to share your opinions in our review database as well.
11-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Even though I'm no expert, I like to submit reviews because I have learned so much and been helped so much by the other reviews I've read here. I agree with the OP, the lens reviews are an invaluable part of this site!

11-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the good word. I have been pleased to post reviews for every lens that I own. My rational is that I generally do a good bit of market research before I make a purchase and think that it is good to pass on my impressions to either confirm or deny my expectations.

Steve
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Everyone here feeds each other's Lens Buy Addiction with info and most often, envy.

I don't know if I should thank you or send you hate mails!
11-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by RickyFromVegas Quote
Everyone here feeds each other's Lens Buy Addiction with info and most often, envy.

I don't know if I should thank you or send you hate mails!
Ricky, best comment I've read so far!

But this site has also curbed down (some of) my LBA, as I've the choices I've made are more thought out, rather than just based on common reviews.

A+,
HPH