Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #16

Original Poster
So, I've got the lenses and had a play - so far, pretty impressed! Not in the best condition, and one of the aperture adjusters is split at one point so twisting it runs smooth rather than through a sequence of clicks...still works though. The 80-200 seems to give pretty good image quality, which suprised me considering they go for so cheap on ebay. But yeh, it seems like it could work okay for macro shots...am I wrong in thinking this..?

11-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
absolutely not.. I have the 75-250 and the 60-300 that I both enjoy their macro modes (one is close focus, the other true macro). But I find the 60-300 very good general use lens other than it's size, even tough it's not that big.
11-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #18

Original Poster
Yeh, I actually had a little wander in the garden today and took a few quick close shots, came out nice and crisp, with great colour. I love this big zoom already! And a question Rico, what do you mean exactly about modding the FD adapters? I'm a big fan of doing such things, but would I not need a sacrificial pentax lense? Would be pretty great if I could somehow put together a homemade PK/A adapter...
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tezahad Quote
Would be pretty great if I could somehow put together a homemade PK/A adapter...
If you succeed, you can make lots of people happy and keep you happily swimming in LBA, in another words; not likely!

11-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tezahad Quote
And a question Rico, what do you mean exactly about modding the FD adapters? I'm a big fan of doing such things, but would I not need a sacrificial pentax lense? Would be pretty great if I could somehow put together a homemade PK/A adapter...
Let's see, that was almost ten days ago... what *DID* I mean? Oh yeah... Chopping an adapter would be practice. You'd see what it takes to make an FD lens fit a PK mount. It would probably involve cutting off the FD base and replacing it with a cheap M42-PK adapter. If you sacrifice a PK lens for its base you might also be able to make the FD iris stop-down, altho I seem to recall reading that getting that linkage right is tricky.

No, you're not going to build an FD-PKA adapter, not unless you're a pretty talented and well-equipped machinist with electrical chops too. In which case, you don't need my advice!