Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

fujinon x mount on a pentax?

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a fuji x mount being modified to mount on a pentax camera? It looks similar and I'm thinking if I remove one screw (possibly a lock screw) and remove half of one of the lugs (2 of the lugs line up but the third is half way out of place) it might turn on, perhaps with a little modification. Anyone heard of this being done? Fyi I am aware of no infinity focus as it has a 2mm shorter registry distance and I am aware of mount replacment but am interested in trying it with the exsisting mount if possible.

11-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I've modded some lenses, and I tried to mod a couple X-Fuji's, but I gave up. I forget the details and I don't have a lens to check now, but I think lens throat width may have been a factor. Try this: measure the diameter of the Fuji's rear element assembly. If it's narrower than 42mm, then it should fit within a PK mount piece, whether using an old lens base or some M42-PK adapter as a base. If it's wider than 42mm, then you're out of luck.
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like you may be right sort of anyway. I tore the mount face off a pentax camera to get a better look (trashed film camera I use for fitting mods). The lugs look like they would fit. The rear element is plenty small. The black ring inbetween the mount and the lens elements where the aperture control blades are looks like it might barely fit (or maybe not) but the mount it self is too big around. In theory, I might just barely get an adapter over it or with some heavy modding, the original mount might work. I'll have to tear the old mount off and see if an adapter fits over it.

This is a 50mm 1.6 by the way. I would consider selling it as they seem to have some value but mine has issues. The glass is in nice shape but the front plastic ring that forms the filter threads has a section broken out of it and is split through in one spot. I'm not sure if it functionally holds anything together though nothing seems to be coming apart. The focus ring is nice and smooth but rather stiff. The front and rear halves of the lens seem to have a bit of play like something is starting to come loose. I doubt it would be worth much with the issues. It was a freebie with a lot of camera bodies so its mine to destroy or whatever now.
11-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sounds like an interesting project. Have fun!

11-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
I have taken lenses apart that had issues and glued the front portion that holds the elements to a adapter ring to make a macro setup. It is then screwed into the filter ring on your normal or wide angle prime. Not all combinations will work well, but certian combinations are great. I am now working on the front of a Konica 135mm that I did not find to be sharp enough on a m4/3 mount.