Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #1

Advice for a lens purchase - SMC M 50mm f1.4

Hi everybody, from recently I have a K mount camera. A Pentax Super ME (although I'm postponing the buying of a Pentax dSLR for over a year). I was looking for a "prime" lens, because I have two zoom lenses at the moment, and I was thinking of buying one 50mm f1.7.

But earlier this day I found a guy that offers (locally) an SMC M 50mm f1.4 for 45e. So now I'm asking you is it a good price ? I personally think it's a great price but I'm not sure. The lens is supposed to be in an very good condition.

I know that I'll lack the Automatic exposure feature on the Super ME, but I guess I can live with it.

So should I buy it ?

Btw, what is your opinion about the next two lenses:
RMC Tokina EMZ 70~210mm f4.5
RMC Tokina 35-70mm 1:4

12-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by esdy_11192 Quote
Hi everybody, from recently I have a K mount camera. A Pentax Super ME (although I'm postponing the buying of a Pentax dSLR for over a year). I was looking for a "prime" lens, because I have two zoom lenses at the moment, and I was thinking of buying one 50mm f1.7.

But earlier this day I found a guy that offers (locally) an SMC M 50mm f1.4 for 45e. So now I'm asking you is it a good price ? I personally think it's a great price but I'm not sure. The lens is supposed to be in an very good condition.

I know that I'll lack the Automatic exposure feature on the Super ME, but I guess I can live with it.

So should I buy it ?

Btw, what is your opinion about the next two lenses:
RMC Tokina EMZ 70~210mm f4.5
RMC Tokina 35-70mm 1:4
If the lens is in good condition it is an excellent deal. For what I have seen they usually go for 100 usd in ebay.
12-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
If the lens is in good condition it is an excellent deal. For what I have seen they usually go for 100 usd in ebay.

OK, I'll propably buy it tommorow if it's in good condition. I made some "investigation" on my own, ad also saw that's quite a nice offer..
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by esdy_11192 Quote

This isn't true. The ME Super only has aperture-priority automation so the M 50mm f1.4 ought to work just fine. In fact, the "M" designation means this particular lens was built specifically for the "M" line of Pentax cameras, which includes your ME Super. You'll only need the "A" setting if you move to a camera that offers a Program mode and/or a Shutter-priority mode.

12-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
This isn't true. The ME Super only has aperture-priority automation so the M 50mm f1.4 ought to work just fine. In fact, the "M" designation means this particular lens was built specifically for the "M" line of Pentax cameras, which includes your ME Super. You'll only need the "A" setting if you move to a camera that offers a Program mode and/or a Shutter-priority mode.
Aaaaaah, great then.. I totally misunderstood the whole thing.. Now I get it.. Thanks for the clarification, now I even more want to buy that lens tomorrow..