Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Focal 2x converter on K-7 Yes, No?

I have a 2X converter and want to know if it is compatable with my K-7. I am skeptical as I don't want it to have conflict and get stuck on my camera.
Thanks!

11-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it is a K Mount, and specifically NOT a KA/R (Ricoh K mount) then it is ok. What does it say on the teleconverter
11-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I have a Focal MC 2X converter that is designed with a completely non-threatening Ricoh pin. Mine is marked K-R just about opposite of the lens release.
The Ricoh pin is the rounded type and has never presented a problem with my K10 or K-7. I don't believe it sticks up enough to cause problems.
A brief, previous discussion here

And just for the record, in some instances, you can just enlarge or crop the image and it will look just as good as an image taken with some of these less expensive teleconverters. You may find your own way, however.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 11-22-2011 at 12:49 PM.
11-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Each TC is different. First check the Ricoh Pin. In the absence of a pin and if a bayonnet K-mount, the TC should fit on the K-7. However check if your TC has AF. With AF TC, not all lenses work well and you may need to conduct some tests. I have a Tamron TC 2X and all MF lenses work fine, but only some AF lenses work well.

Hope that the comment may help.