Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I continue to want an FA 43/1.9 despite the fact that I own a DA 40 and DA 35/2.8 and can think of no solid reason to add yet another lens in the same range. Every holiday season, when my wife asks what I want for Christmas, I fleetingly think of the 43 before coming up with something else. This year, I can't think of anything else, so - please - do my wife a favor and help me think of a good reason to add an unneeded 43 to my kit. Thanks

Jer
You want help rationalizing the purchase of the FA43 Limited? Easy.

1. It is superior to the DA40 and DA35. Just about the only people who think otherwise are people who do not own it.
2. Life is short.
3. It's only money, and you will keep the FA43 for many years, so it is actually inexpensive on an annualized basis
4. You can sell one or more of your other lenses and recoup some of the expense.
5. You really want it, and, to repeat, life is short.

You're welcome.

Rob

Last edited by robgo2; 11-23-2011 at 04:07 PM.
11-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You owe it to yourself to at least try the FA43/1.9 or the FA31/1.9. IMO, these are truly the best of the best compared to any other. If you don't like it, you could sell it for little loss and will know at least you've tried an FA limited. I've owned many limiteds, FA*'s etc, but these two clearly stand above the rest. IMO the 43/1.9 loses nothing to the 31 either.
11-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

What's wrong with having multiple lenses in the same range? I only have twelve 35s, one 37, two 40s and three 45s. You can never have too many lenses. The voices in my head insist on that.
11-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for a fantastic list of totally compelling rationalizations. My wife will be very grateful .

Jer

11-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #20
Forum Member

Your wife will be grateful when she sees how beautiful she is in portraits taken with that FA43 !!