Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #1

Extended warranty on the pentax 16-50mm

Well, I'm considering buying another DA16-50mm to replace the one that got stolen last year - even with possible SDM issues (though mine was perfect all around but may the person who stole it get SDM issues) and yet another FF rumor.

Especially since it's on sale for 750 at BH.

However I'd like to get some extra warranty but I don't know which is best for it ? square trade ? a more specialized outfit ?

For those who want to steer me away from the DA, I do use my K5 + 16-50mm + 50-135mm in a lot of different conditions so weather sealing is important to me. However I might get swayed by a 18-55mm WR now (less than $150) and maybe a tamron 17-50mm ($425) a little later or get from my dad the 16-45mm F4 or an old sigma 24-70 f2.8.

I am currently using primes for that focal range (15/21/31mm)

11-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that B&H have their own warranties which are rather cheap, and supposedly cover everything including wear and tear, but I've heard a lot of bad stories from our members about them...

In any case, if you do go with a 16-50mm an extended warranty would be a good idea.

DA* 16-50mm vs. Sigma and Tamron 17-50mm Comparison - Introduction

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by davidvcd Quote
Well, I'm considering buying another DA16-50mm to replace the one that got stolen last year - even with possible SDM issues (though mine was perfect all around but may the person who stole it get SDM issues) and yet another FF rumor.

Especially since it's on sale for 750 at BH.

However I'd like to get some extra warranty but I don't know which is best for it ? square trade ? a more specialized outfit ?

For those who want to steer me away from the DA, I do use my K5 + 16-50mm + 50-135mm in a lot of different conditions so weather sealing is important to me. However I might get swayed by a 18-55mm WR now (less than $150) and maybe a tamron 17-50mm ($425) a little later or get from my dad the 16-45mm F4 or an old sigma 24-70 f2.8.

I am currently using primes for that focal range (15/21/31mm)
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera. Please let me know if I can answer any specific questions regarding our warranties. I can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com.
Thank you,
Desiree