Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sigma AF 1.4x teleconverter for Pentax

I have noticed a add for this teleconverter.
I called the shop and they couldn't see if there is any "EX" markings on the converter,
I had a look at the Sigma website and they only indicate the "EX" version. Does anyone know if Sigma had made a non "EX" version in the past.

I only have "EX" lens, so I'm not interested in a non "EX" converter.

Many thanks in advance

12-19-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RussellW Quote
I have noticed a add for this teleconverter.
I called the shop and they couldn't see if there is any "EX" markings on the converter,
I had a look at the Sigma website and they only indicate the "EX" version. Does anyone know if Sigma had made a non "EX" version in the past.

I only have "EX" lens, so I'm not interested in a non "EX" converter.

Many thanks in advance
I have 2 sigma TCs, one is simply labeled EX (bought in 2003 with my 70-200 F2.8 APO EX, and the other is EX-DG, 2x TC bought recently for extending the 70-200 a little further.

I woould be willing to bet int he past they made non EX versions but that is only a guess.

Since the release of a large number of DSLRs with APS-C sensor they have added another varient EX-DC.

As I understand it, the origonal EX lenses (and TCs) were film lenses. DG came next and were full frame but "optimized" (i suspect different coatings) for digital. DC are for ASP-C sensors.

Perhaps someone has a fuller listing of older sigma TCs.

Be careful with sigma TCs, especially the EX ones. The elements are close to the front and interfere with many non sigma lenses. I have mine specifically for the sigma 70-200