Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
New Sigma Lens is on it's way!

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Xmas present for me that I have been drooling about for a few months now.

I just ordered a Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM from B&H. After reading the excellent 3 way lens review about which was a better value over better glass, I decided to get the Sigma. I have a 28-70mm 2.8-4 Sigma and really enjoy it, so that was in the decision making process as well. I have bought my K100D, K10D and now my K20D all used. Don't get me wrong. I love the Marketplace here. (That's where I bought my cameras). All my lenses are used. A couple are wonderful, ie the Sigma and Pentax 50mm f/2 from way back when. A couple are ok, ie the Pentax 18-55 Kit and my Pentax 50-200 and Takumar 300mm F5.6 oldie but goodie. I have a few that I was disappointed in after a couple of weeks of trail and error. I won't dig the dirt on them. Maybe it's just me, but the CA and focus points are just too wacky. I wanted something new. Something that says, "Hey, you are getting the hang of this photography thing, so here, try this on for size."

I even went so far as to expedite the shipping. I figured with a $670 (US) lens, 10 bucks extra to get it before the weekend was just icing on the cake. This is by far the single most I have spent on a lens, a camera... basically anything for me. I thought it was time to upgrade.

I am going to watch the Xmas lights at the botanical gardens not far away and hope to get some nice shots. I think I might go early and do some alley walking to get some shots.

Here is my album I have started here

I think most of these, if not all, were taken with the Sigma lens.

I will post more when I get it, when I open it, smell it, caress it... uh, sorry.

Then I will be posting images! Whoo-Hoo!!!

11-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad you liked the review- congrats!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Awesome. I'll be receiving mine any minute now too. Lets celebrate
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
First Impression:

H O L Y !@#$%!@#$#%!@%# this lens is super quiet and takes a wonderful shot. I took a few of the cat, but had other pressing issues so I couldn't test it more, and no, I wont be putting Pink or Socks (my cats) up here as the house is in dire need of cleaning. So. With that... tomorrow night, xmas lights. Night Parade. Alleywalk. I am just quivering with antici.....pation.

I will give a full review in a few days.