Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
This is exactly I am worried. Also, I am on k-x so no individual focus adjustment for me.
I think that was a bit of sarcasm. it is not possible for a manual lens to FF or BF unless it's user errorEDIT:
(sorry for some reason I had samyang on the brain there)

Seriously though the Sigma stuff is much better now than 10-15 years back in many cases it's better than what Pentax puts out. I would tend to buy new though because for me anyway the Sigma would have a 10 year non-transferable warranty (Canada) which has definite value
Reverse engineering a mount always will have some issues aso the warranty has value.
Like Joe I don't mid MF and would buy the Samyang. I have a couple of Samyangs on my shortlist this is one the 85 is the other (and sooner ot later the 8 in all likliehood) I have a da14 already so that fills that need

12-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Tried to buy the Sigma today .... not in stock. However they said by next week they'll have new stock up from HK and so hopefully I'll be picking one up next week. Looking forward to testing it against my Contax Zeiss 85/1.4 and then I'll probably sell one on.