Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2006, 05:17 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Well Eddie and Beth, I'm going to add my 2 cents here and say this is exactly what this part of the forum is for. However beware to look at the main threads already posted and see if your new thread isn't being posted within a day or two of someone else's would help. But by all means stay on top of the offerings of these major players in what they have in stock. the FA 50mmf1.4 is very much in demand. If your going to play in this business you need a very good prime and the 50mm f1.4 is top shelf. There is more demand then lenses right now and that's a good thing for Pentax.

Just don't forget the other SMC Pentax 50mm f1.4 You know the M, A, F, all of these are fantastic primes also and just as good as the FA in every way . Learn to shoot Manual and have more fun.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

12-26-2006, 05:24 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by ugaarguy Quote
Edit: I just looked back at the link, and it's now showing as out of stock. I dunno know if it was a glitch earlier or what, but sorry for the false alarm.
I doubt it was a false alarm, this lens is in such high demand that when it turns up on a website the lens is OOS in no time (thanks to alerts like this here and on the other photography boards).
01-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #18

Pentax SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 in stock @ B&H now!

I hope this is the okay/correct place to post this:

FYI: B&H has the 50mm FA f/1.4 back in stock!

Pentax Normal SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 Autofocus Lens

Pentax Normal SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 Autofocus Lens USA
Mfr# 20817 B&H# PE5014FA
Our Price: $ 219.95
Price After Rebate: $ 194.95

Now I just have to decide if I should cancel my *other* backorder for this lens... or wait until it ships and 'risk' getting two. :-)

- Don "doesn't really need 2 of these" Cedar

Last edited by Cedar; 02-01-2007 at 01:53 PM.
01-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cedar Quote
Now I just have to decide if I should cancel my *other* backorder for this lens... or wait until it ships and 'risk' getting two. :-)

- Don "doesn't really need 2 of these" Cedar
Have you checked the prices on ePrey? I don't think you'd lose if you had two of these.

01-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Have you checked the prices on ePrey? I don't think you'd lose if you had two of these.
Hmm... I've never actually sold anything on Ebay before. I think I'll just call Monday and cancel my 2nd back order. And if you work retail... I'm sorry. I know that people who do this must be maddening.

But my situation is actually funnier than I first reported.

Thinking the FA 50mm f/1.4 would likely be out of stock for months... I placed an order on KEH for a Pentax M 50mm f/1.4 on the 23rd... and then B&W got the FA back in stock in the 26th.

So if my second back order ships, I'll have #3 50mm Pentax mount lenses. A 'problem' I certainly never thought I'd encounter. :-)

I guess I should start looking to order my wife a Pentax dSLR.

Then again... with identical lenses... we wouldn't have a graceful 'out'.

- Don "a bag full or 50mm's... make me an offer?" Cedar

Last edited by Cedar; 02-03-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: so she would see "get my wife a pentax dSLR".... not "get my wife a pentax body" :)
02-02-2007, 05:10 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
None...if you can find a new one!
Such is the cruelty of the world. I live in Japan and can order one from any of several shops which have them in stock, or others which can get them in 3-5 days from placing an order.....but I lack the funds to get one.
02-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In Japan what does the 50mm 1.4 cost in dollars? What's the tax?

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Such is the cruelty of the world. I live in Japan and can order one from any of several shops which have them in stock, or others which can get them in 3-5 days from placing an order.....but I lack the funds to get one.
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by superfuzzy Quote
In Japan what does the 50mm 1.4 cost in dollars? What's the tax?
Right around $210, including tax.