Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2007, 05:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sears 1:1.4 50mm lens

After just about giving up on buying anything from eekbay. I have just recently won a bid for a Sears 1:1.4 50mm lens from eekbay. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with this lens? I might also add that I don't think I got any bargain on this lens, I probably bought it for just about what it's worth!

Bill

12-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I found this quote in another forum. I also have a sears 60-300 4.0 and its a great lens.

(My dad was an executive with Sears for almost 30 years. While not in that particular area of merchandise, I learned that hard line products, like lenses, were rebadged cream of the crop in most all cases. In its glory days, Sears had the power to get just about any company to do what they wanted, or they would simply buy the company and do it themselves. I would not hesitate to buy any Sears lens if it fit my needs. Many major companies like RCA, Whirlpool, etc were almost totally controlled by Sears, and quality standards were often higher than for the brands own product. Trust me, I grew up with tons of under the table info.)

Hope this eases your mind.
12-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How about JC Penny lenses? I've had a 35-105 f3.5 1:5 macro zoom for years that's kinda neat, but could use a little attention if it's worth it. There's a whole lot of red CA right of center, as seen in the "F" of the tail FedEx marking, but it's still a fun lens to use. The focus ring is really tight from 0.32m to 0.46m, so it could probably use a good service. This is a straight RAW conversion with no adjustment.