Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, it was a 4 year project to assemble.

The zenitar was, including shipping about the same cost as my super tak 85/1.9. No other lens cost more than $100, and the cheapest, was the vivitar 28, which is a fine lens, at $9.

Overall I am very pleased with what I have, considering I sort of fell into building an M42 kit, by starting with filling holes in my K mount lens line up, where and when I could not find a lens suitably fast. Once I got the 85, my second M42 and first breaking of my self imposed LBA rules (don't buy lenses if you already have the FL and it is not faster) I started thinking about making a kit, and this was reienforced with finding the 28 for $9 and the helios for $12. Then it was a simple matter of getting the M42 mount for the trammy, which i already owned, and picking up the others as I found them.

I took a reasonable time, and did not add anything for about a year, always looking for an ultra wide. the prices are really high for below 24 so, after a lot of thinking, I went the russian route. But now I'm done.

12-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Nice batch, Lowell. But you're missing some Takumars: 105/2.8, 135/2.5, and maybe the little TeleTak 200/5.6. You still don't have the Vemar-Sigma 12/8, nor anything at 19-20-21mm. You might also look for the Enna Tele-Ennalyt 240/4.5. Your quest is not complete.
12-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nice batch, Lowell. But you're missing some Takumars: 105/2.8, 135/2.5, and maybe the little TeleTak 200/5.6. You still don't have the Vemar-Sigma 12/8, nor anything at 19-20-21mm. You might also look for the Enna Tele-Ennalyt 240/4.5. Your quest is not complete.
I deliberately avoided taks on the M42 kit. I have SMC (K) 105/2.8 and 135/2.5 lenses already, so i felt these were too clsoe to the S-M-C taks to repeat those lenses.

In fact I like the 105 and 135 presets I have in the kit. My M42 kit was meant to be a little different, and the presets make it that. As for the 200/5.6 you will note that it fails my criteria, of being a focal length I don't have or faster than what I have.

As I said, if I trip over something I might still get it, but I am no longer prowling for lenses. I am thinking for the 17-21mm rectalinear range, since I still have an old rikenon 135/2.8 that simply sucks, (no other way to put it) it will be a mount doner if I can find a nikon or minolta mount lens really cheap

p.s. the rikenon is so bad I don't count it in my collection. it simply occupies a spot in my lens case where the 16mm will now go