Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #1

Pentax Tilt/shift lenses

Hello all
I know there are a few other posts about Tilt/Shift lenses on this forum, but none of them really helped me out
I've been looking at the Arax 2.8/35mm but I haven't been able to decide on weather to buy it or not.
I'm just dreaming that, one day soon, Pentax will come out with a specific digital Tilt/shift lens.
Anyways, back to my original question. Does anyone know of any other lenses that offer a tilt/shift effect (and not lensbaby). I really love the effect a lot and was hoping i could find one before chirstmas

Thanks a bunch!

12-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the arax. I also have K28/3.5 shift, nikkor 28/3.5 shift/pc, olympus OM 35/2.8 shift, and tilt with pentacon six lenses, 45/50/80/120/150/300.
Depend on uses. Shift is wider the better, but no fish eye. Tilt can use with longer focal, very useful, but hard to get correct sharpness. I have samples of tilt in my picasa.

Build quality of the arax is so so, but it is among the cheapest, and have both tilt and shift in one lens. It's only 35mm, not wide enough for shift uses. In my experience, i can pick either shift or tilt, but hardly both due to difficult management of sharpness.

Tilt lenses are among the most difficult to use. Here we have to deal with 3D plan of focus. Split screen does help, but most of the time, i need to test shot and note in a table, then memorize the settings for the case i am using.

I am sure you will enjoy the lens, whatever T&S. I spent several years to play, and still enjoy them. With TS lenses, your photos will be unique from the crowd.