Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MegaPower Quote
test your dust with F22, 5sec on your 16-50 and a random lens.
Most likely it is some kind of dust on the sensor.
The K-5 (which he has) includes a thingy in the menu for checking the sensor for dust and showing you on the rear screen a map of precisely where the dust is.

12-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
I placed a camera bag on the roof of my old Range Rover many years ago, got distracted, drove off and heard a bang. Stopped, hit reverse to park again and parked on the bag!

That was a wrecked EOS 600, two AE1P's, and at least 7 lenses and 2 flashes. Isn't insurance a wonderful thing.
This is getting to be like fishing stories, the first story teller hardly has a chance.

Come on now, you're among fellow camera owners, you really wanted that latest camera on the market, right? The real problem with this story is that it will only work one time with the insurance agent, or whats worse, your spouse

PS, I forget some of the details, but my niece did something similar. drove off with her husband's camera bag on the roof. Didn't hear a fall and couldn't find it when she backtracked. A week later, someone called and returned the bag to them, but by that time, the husband had bought a replacement camera - didn't waste any time did he?
12-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I'm not all that fussed about my camera gear, I do my level best to look after so it if it gets damaged too bad. What really gets me are my lens caps, I have nearly given myself a coronary-on-the-spot wondering where I put my FA77 or FA31 lens cap. The same thing happens with my Leica lenses, with M mount lenses the rear caps are every bit as important as the front caps because the lens elements can protrude much further past the lens mount than they can if they were designed for an SLR.