Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
old lens on K-5

I have an old smc Pentax-M f/1.4 lens from the dinosaur days and have just tried it with my K-5. (pic--disregard yellowing from light). Seems to give me quite acceptable pics with good, crisp detail. But, still looking for a 31mm Limited. If a used one
doesn't show up soon--hello B&H.

12-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's a used one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/167561-sale-f...ed-silver.html

I think there's more than one on the marketplace right now.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, saw it, but don't llike it.
I'll definitely buy a new one for $850 before I buy a used for a small margin less.
12-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The ability to use legacy lenses is one of the biggest pluses for me for Pentax K mount cameras. There is some terrific glass out there that's only failing is that you have to focus and set the f yourself It has the distinct advantage IMHO of being better built (generally) and less expensive (again, generally). Good luck with your quest for an FA31 that you like.

12-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by john mood Quote
I'll definitely buy a new one for $850 before I buy a used for a small margin less.
And that's a good idea for glass that expensive. It would be a slam-dunk for me if the 31Ltd had a history of 'issues', which is one reason I bought a new Tamron 10-24 instead of a used Sigma 10-20. That used 31Ltd may indeed be just fine -- or maybe not, ?quien sabe? Cheap used lenses are a whole 'nother thang. If my F35-70 craps out, I won't go suicidal, 'cause it cost me under US$20. If an $800 lens craps out and there's no place to return it... ouch. I'm not a stockbroker nor politician, I can't afford that kind of loss.