Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-14-2011, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Running out of money does not cure LBA, merely puts it in abeyance.
Bloody dismemberment doesn't cure LBA, just makes focusing harder.
The only cure for LBA is brain-death, or joining a cult. (Same thing.)

Meanwhile, if you're thinking of a cheap 24/2.8, check out my Sigma on eBay -- my ID is R*M.

12-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
All of you should not limited to takumar or pentax glasses. Get the nikkor or the zuiko if they are cheaper, then with minimal mod, they should work with pk mount bodies
I have to admit that SR in pentax bodies is SO good on these 'off-brand' lenses.

And there is no help to cry out until all fund is gone.
NO!!! GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!

if i opened up other brands as possiblities my problems would increase 3x!!! Did I mention that I JUST got a s-m-c 50/1.4 also??
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #18

I hear there are plenty of 50mm primes out there to collect… I own three ~50mm and I'm not even collecting.
12-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yea, one day i would like at least a 50/1.7... as it is i have an m 50/2 and the tak 50/1.4. I would also like to try the 35/2. All of that has to wait though, I will not be duplicating any until I get the ltds i want and the sigma 50-500mm zoom!! I wont ever be able to upgrade to a k5... too busy spending money on frickin lenses
QuoteOriginally posted by joakimfors Quote
I hear there are plenty of 50mm primes out there to collect… I own three ~50mm and I'm not even collecting.

12-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My 18-135WR arrived.......the BOX is under the tree........
12-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joakimfors Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by hawk232 Quote
Yea, one day i would like at least a 50/1.7... as it is i have an m 50/2 and the tak 50/1.4. I would also like to try the 35/2. All of that has to wait though, I will not be duplicating any until I get the ltds i want and the sigma 50-500mm zoom!! I wont ever be able to upgrade to a k5... too busy spending money on frickin lenses
Out of my ~225 lenses (that number will soon fluctuate) I only have 50 Fifties, a good start. Until recently, one member had more Fifties than I have lenses total. You can't have too many Fifties, eh? And I'm not even a collector, just an accumulator. Some to look for:
K50/1.2; planar Yashica ML 50/1.4; M50/1.7; Meyer Oreston | Pentacon Electric 50/1.8; Rikenon 50/2 and 55/1.8; CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 (various builds); Industar-50 and Meyer Primotar-E 50/3.5; MacroTak 50/4 (any version); Tomioka-made 55/1.4 (branded as Sears, Mamiya, Soligor, etc); Chinon 55/1.7; SuperTak and Petri CC and Mamiya 55/1.8; Helios-44 58/2. And for macros on extension: EL-Nikkor 50/2.8; E.Leitz Varob and Komura Komuranon 50/3.5; etc.
I'm not even mentioning the Sears, Vivitar, OM, Nikkor, Focal, Cosina, various other Fifties. So much glass, so little cash... As for the Bigma 50-500: It's rather large and heavy and slow, y'know? I have the longer-but-lighter Lil'Bigma 170-500 and it just doesn't get a lot of use. And it's not worth selling now, so I'm stuck with it. Oh bother.
12-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #22
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Out of my ~225 lenses (that number will soon fluctuate) I only have 50 Fifties, a good start. Until recently, one member had more Fifties than I have lenses total. You can't have too many Fifties, eh? And I'm not even a collector, just an accumulator. Some to look for:
K50/1.2; planar Yashica ML 50/1.4; M50/1.7; Meyer Oreston | Pentacon Electric 50/1.8; Rikenon 50/2 and 55/1.8; CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 (various builds); Industar-50 and Meyer Primotar-E 50/3.5; MacroTak 50/4 (any version); Tomioka-made 55/1.4 (branded as Sears, Mamiya, Soligor, etc); Chinon 55/1.7; SuperTak and Petri CC and Mamiya 55/1.8; Helios-44 58/2. And for macros on extension: EL-Nikkor 50/2.8; E.Leitz Varob and Komura Komuranon 50/3.5; etc.
I'm not even mentioning the Sears, Vivitar, OM, Nikkor, Focal, Cosina, various other Fifties. So much glass, so little cash... As for the Bigma 50-500: It's rather large and heavy and slow, y'know? I have the longer-but-lighter Lil'Bigma 170-500 and it just doesn't get a lot of use. And it's not worth selling now, so I'm stuck with it. Oh bother.
50 fifties... thats a nice number of them to have! the 50/4 macro is def on my list... will keep an eye out for others you listed to, thats some good info!

in regards to the bigma... i just know I need more that my 55-300 kit lens can get me. when the time comes it will probably come down to what i can get the best price on. maybe you will decide to sell about the time i am in a better situation to buy!

12-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hawk232 Quote
50 fifties... thats a nice number of them to have! the 50/4 macro is def on my list... will keep an eye out for others you listed to, thats some good info!
As mentioned, don't ignore the NI, OM, C/Y mounts, all easily modded to PK; and the Exakta mount (without the button) is very easy to adapt -- chop the adapter, not the lens!

QuoteQuote:
in regards to the bigma... i just know I need more that my 55-300 kit lens can get me. when the time comes it will probably come down to what i can get the best price on. maybe you will decide to sell about the time i am in a better situation to buy!
Problem is, I paid a grand (plus tax) for the Lil'Bigma, and well-used copies now sell for half that. Mine is pristine and I can't afford to sell it for less than US$800, which nobody will pay. Oh bother. It's a great performer and all that. I just don't use it enough. I need to travel more with it. Maybe sign up for a safari. Or a panty raid.
12-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Problem is, I paid a grand (plus tax) for the Lil'Bigma, and well-used copies now sell for half that. Mine is pristine and I can't afford to sell it for less than US$800, which nobody will pay. Oh bother. It's a great performer and all that. I just don't use it enough. I need to travel more with it. Maybe sign up for a safari. Or a panty raid.
I used to operate with controlled lost; either selling cheap and get something back, or risking keep the dead capital and lose all.
In your case, the lens is not defined as 'dead capital'. It is still an AF in 500mm. I guess you should use the lens more, if not it should define as dead weight anyway.
When you have 1000 keeper photos with it, the investment seems peanuts, but that will take some time, esp for you with 200+ lenses in line, ready to mount
12-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I think Vanilla Ice summed it up perfectly:
"Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know"
12-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
My 18-135WR arrived.......the BOX is under the tree........
I don't know if anyone else caught that - the BOX is under the tree - so I can only guess you are enjoying the 18-135WR in stealth mode until Christmas?
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I don't know if anyone else caught that - the BOX is under the tree - so I can only guess you are enjoying the 18-135WR in stealth mode until Christmas?
Not quite stealth mode. My wife asked me to take pictures of a Brownie ceremony and I offered that my 18-135 would be perfect for that task.......
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I have a DA15 waiting on the other side of the Pacific to be mailed. I may or may not get it in time for Christmas but I have been lusting after this lens for a long time. This will put the brakes on the LBA for me since I have added a lot of lenses in the last 6 months. Let me see if I can remember all of them.

DA15
DA40

K35/3.5

M50/1.7 - a duplicate with my A version
M50/2 - forgettable in this list
M50/4Macro

SMC tak 55/1.8
supertak 105/2.8

F35-70 - ridiculously cheap

3 mystery lenses - I incorrectly identified (side view) a badly pictured Ebay lens as a K200/4 but it's almost for sure one of the K85-210mm zooms (one is better than the other obviously). And it comes with two normal sized primes. I'm hoping for other K series primes. Pretty much any K series prime would be awesome but I also love the suspense. I'll find out what they are in about 2 weeks or so.

I also added a 3ND/10ND/CIRPOL set of 49mm MC filters (Hoya and B+W).
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I copied this from one of my other posts in a thread on what happens when you sell takumars. I suppose there won't be copy write infringements since its my own original posting, but if asked to delete it, I will comply.

“There are various forms of this disease called LBA. Most are denovo mutations – they occur in an individual, and are not passed down the genes. Regardless, mutations occur in the long arm of the X and Y genes. The ones that are genetically transferred tend to be the LBA-tak, LBA-smc, LBA-gc (german glass) mutations. The more recent mutations are denovo, and tend to be the LBA-da and LBA-lim. There are a smattering of others, but not too significant.

"Now, while these can occur in isolation, the combination of more than 1 mutation in the same person is associated with more devastating effects. Combined mutations could be of different permutations/combinations, eg LBA-takda, LBA-dalim, etc. (You get the idea). The denovo LBA-gc mutation can have a negative effect on financial stability.

"Regardless, this disease is associated with the unrelenting need to sit on this forum, post repeatedly about the perceived need to change glasses due to self-perceived visual disturbances, excitement with old or new glasses, transient contentment with new possessions, and repeated discussions with the significant other on how life could be better perceived.

Drink & be merry. Cheers....”
12-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by subidoc Quote
"Regardless, this disease is associated with the unrelenting need to sit on this forum, post repeatedly about the perceived need to change glasses due to self-perceived visual disturbances, excitement with old or new glasses, transient contentment with new possessions, and repeated discussions with the significant other on how life could be better perceived.”
Associated syndromes are THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ELSEWHERE and YOUR KIT IS BIGGER THAN MINE. Problem is, there often IS something better out there. Whether it's $X better is the quandary. And yes, a couple times I *have* been complimented for having a big lens! By sweet young thangs, too. Which may mean that trying to assemble a mini-kit indicates some psychological issues. I now have bids in on a couple tiny ROBOT lenses. Does that make me bi-curious? At least I don't have a Corvette.