Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

USAGE: I have a few lenses that are nearly always in my Ameribag, my expanded original kit: DA10-17, Tamron 10-24, DA18-250, FA50/1.4 or another Fast Fifty, and a Raynox DCR-250. I have a mini-kit of ultralight lenses that fit in a small big to stuff in a pocket or belt pouch; total weight: 450g / 1lb.

If I expect certain situations, I'll augment or replace some of the Ameribag AFs as needed: maybe a faster or deeper fisheye; or a lighter or longer supertele; or a certain macro lens or ELs on extension; or some faster glass. Some days I'll take only a few Fifties of various speeds and flavors. Some days I'll feel European, and take only old German or Russian glass. And often I'll semi-randomly choose a LOTD (lens of the day) and shoot only that for a day or ten. Some of the LOTD glass then makes it into regular rotation. (And some gets sold down the river.)

STORAGE: Imperfect. I have small Ikea drawer units (now discontinued, of course!) into which I stuff most lenses. I try to keep kit-zoom-clones in one drawer, TCs and tubes in another, enlarger-projector-copy lenses in a couple drawers, specific focal lengths in specific drawers, etc. Not all fit. Cameras and bellows and bigger teles tend to block many shelved books. Flashes and lights get stuffed into one shelved box, filters into another, hood-caps-adapters into others. Sales items sit atop shelves, awaiting the next big quake so they can murder me.

Most-used favorites sit on nearby shelves where I can grab them quickly. Tripods and stands lean in corners. Some lenses and attachments just float around till I find a place for them. It's a mess. But I can generally find everything pretty quickly. Small children are not allowed in here. Sensible adults stay out also.

There's more, but that's enough for now.

Last edited by RioRico; 12-17-2011 at 06:32 PM.
12-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
:d:d:d:d