Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hi tim

there is a panasonic lens hood that people here have been using for their fa 31's which will do what you need and give you clearance to use a step up ring

another alternative is three cheapo uv filters with glass knocked out

08-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chickenandavocado Quote
hi tim

there is a panasonic lens hood that people here have been using for their fa 31's which will do what you need and give you clearance to use a step up ring

Thanks chicken. I think I'll see if I can pick up some used 58's on eBay and take the hammer to them. ;-)

Tim
08-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chickenandavocado Quote
hi tim

The Janco 58MM hood I posted earlier is the Panny hood. It goes on Panny cameras so they can accept 58mm filters.

QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
So do they make a 58 to 58 "step same" ring in order to do this? I just looked on B&H, but didn't see anything. I have a bunch of 77mm filters (circ-polarizer, ND, etc) that I'd like to use on my 31 - plus it looks like if I did buy some 58mm filters for the 31 I don't know how I'd ever get them off with that darn built-in hood.
I like the idea of stacking a few 58 to 58 rings (if there is such a thing) in order to get them out to the point where I could pop on a 58 to 77 step-up ring, and then use my existing filters - assuming that's an option.

Thanks,

Tim

You can get empty filter rings here:

Camera Filters - Empty Rings : Camera Filters

They have an inner ring to secure your own filter glass. I just discard this ring and use them as spacers.

Oh, and I've ordered from them multiple times without issue. They also ship quick.