Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
My mind is made up. I will get a 300mm but it's going to be top notch, no compromises except for it being f4 instead of f2.8 I just have to wait and see how my taxes go and hopefully the DA*300 will be out by then. I'll then wait and see the reports on it, if it's a super duper quality lens it will be hard to resist with the weather sealing. But if it is super duper, the used prices on the F* and FA* 300's may drop a bit and maybe the market will swing a bit to the buyer instead of this damn seller's market we're in right now. I can't believe Pentax has sat around this long watching other people make money off their lenses and not brought something new out that they could make money from themselves. Our shop has just spent the last month leading up to Christmas working our butts off on overtime because the job needed to be done. I came home last Saturday for lunch and to let Spike out to pee and people were visiting families all up and down the block.....and I had to go back to work. Pentax has a job to do and it's time for them to get off their butts and work some overtime or whatever it takes to get some product out instead of talking about "roadmaps" and all that other crap. Money talks and B*lls**t walks as my Old Man likes to point out.
See my signature

12-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Here is a Bigma photo taken, admittedly with Canon gear as I do not have this lens on a Pentax mount.

I like the Bigma for its versatility. When your stalking things in nature, you just never know what you will come across and having a 50mm to 500mm focal length range on tap, has gotten me that photo that I could not have gotten with a smaller focal length range. When dealing with nature, you just never know what you will find and where.

Anyways, here is a photo taken maxed out at 500mm. Any blurriness in the shot was due to my hand holding it at the time. The lens is fantastic considering this is a shot I could not have gotten without having that extra 100mm range.