Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #151
Emperor and Senpai

Got my K5 delivered today, and next thing is lenses needed for me!

01-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Nothing for me. I haven't had much time to shoot the last several weeks but I have still had a lens take a suicide dive off the edge of the camera cabinet shelf 3 separate times. I have my lenses pushed back touching each other in the cabinet but they are still out to the edge the whole way across on a 2'x4' shelf. I do keep the crappiest ones near the edge so no harm (only 1 got broken). Considering around the middle of 2011 I had maybe 8 slr lenses give or take I have bought enough for now. Now I probably have more like 60 slr lenses (and probably as many non slr lenses). What I could really use is a higher iso body like a k-x or something and I'll never save for one if I keep nickel and dimeing myself to death on lenses. I have several that have been barely used so I have lots to play with still. Should I have the desire to tinker, I have several projects and conversions waiting too. Among others, I have a few canon fd lenses to convert, after which, maybe I'll get the courage to convert my canon fd mount vivitar series 1 90mm 2.5 bokina (yea, I'm considering converting it). If I chicken out, my next best bet would be to make a minimum thickness glassless adapter. I bought several junk cameras to make such adapters in diffrent mounts including one that is canon fd mount.

We will see if my ability to avoid buying lenses lasts long enough to save up for a new body?
01-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #153
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
Nothing for me. I haven't had much time to shoot the last several weeks but I have still had a lens take a suicide dive off the edge of the camera cabinet shelf 3 separate times. I have my lenses pushed back touching each other in the cabinet but they are still out to the edge the whole way across on a 2'x4' shelf. I do keep the crappiest ones near the edge so no harm (only 1 got broken). Considering around the middle of 2011 I had maybe 8 slr lenses give or take I have bought enough for now. Now I probably have more like 60 slr lenses (and probably as many non slr lenses). What I could really use is a higher iso body like a k-x or something and I'll never save for one if I keep nickel and dimeing myself to death on lenses. I have several that have been barely used so I have lots to play with still. Should I have the desire to tinker, I have several projects and conversions waiting too. Among others, I have a few canon fd lenses to convert, after which, maybe I'll get the courage to convert my canon fd mount vivitar series 1 90mm 2.5 bokina (yea, I'm considering converting it). If I chicken out, my next best bet would be to make a minimum thickness glassless adapter. I bought several junk cameras to make such adapters in diffrent mounts including one that is canon fd mount.

We will see if my ability to avoid buying lenses lasts long enough to save up for a new body?
Good luck ripit! I'm gunning for ya! *goes back to ebay trawling*
01-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #154

So my DA18-135 showed up from B&H (although no idea if they gave PF credit as of yet :-/ Hopefully.. ), and I got a minor score off ebay for a Hoya 62mm CPL, a probably never to be used Hoya Pro linear polarizer, and 4 62mm various haze/uv filters for the whopping sum of $10...now, if only somehow a Tokina AF ATX Pro or two would somehow go un-noticed on fleabay...

01-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hopefully - a newly announced Sigma APO Macro 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM. It's already listed at B&H for Pentax mount: Sigma 180mm f/2.8 APO Macro EX DG OS HSM Lens (for Pentax) B&H. However, no arrival date is set.
01-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #156
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Building up my manual lens line up Already have a M50 f1.7, and would like to add a 24mm or 28mm prime and the Rokinon 85mm f1.4 to finish off the 3 lens lineup... I keep looking in the Marketplace and ebay for the wide prime...
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EdwardConde Quote
Building up my manual lens line up Already have a M50 f1.7, and would like to add a 24mm or 28mm prime and the Rokinon 85mm f1.4 to finish off the 3 lens lineup... I keep looking in the Marketplace and ebay for the wide prime...
If you live in LA (me too) the best place to buy these old manual lenses is monthly camera shows held at a few different locations: :: Welcome to Bargain Camera Show! ::
The prices for Pentax manual glass are very forgiving and you can try the lens right away before buying.
I used to visit it only at Pasadena location though.
01-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ScreamingIdiot Quote
I'm sitting on $900 and NO WORD on the K-r suscessor. >
I'm sitting on just US$300 and can't find a 70g Rikenon XR 28/3.5.