Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In order of likelihood:

1) Decent ball head and legs
2) K-5 and grip
3) Chuck all my film fetish stuff, get 1), 2) and the three FA Limiteds; never buy anything else ever again as long as I live.
4) 3), minus the self-denial

Well, if we're listing non-LBA purchases then I'll add an interesting remote timer for the K5 and a set of Telescope legs for the C90.

01-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Samyang 14mm, and likely the 24mm if it does well.

Some M42 telephoto lenses...

Pentax 18-135 (unless FF body is announced, then I'd likely buy that instead)
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Opticon knows what he's talking about!

DA35ltd @ F8 K20D
Dang, he sure does
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I'm still looking to fill out the wide end but I need to decide on fisheye or rectilinear and what I'm going to sell to fund it... embarrassment of manual primes and zooms covers most situations pretty well right now.
That saves me a lot of typing. I was thinking Samyang 8mm FE or 14mm prime. This looks great on paper, but I'm not 100% convinced I would use either lens very well.

01-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
1. Probably a DA 18-135. For two reasons:

Normally I love the primes for the IQ and faster glass. But sometimes I do miss the speed and versatility of a motor driven superzoom. For example: I get the feeling I'm missing a lot of fun shots of my 3 year old daugher. She does pose on command, but the pose holds for less then a second.

A second reason is that I'm extremely careful with my equipment. (Almost approaching paranoia!) I do not changes lenses in moist, rainy or dusty conditions. Having such a lens would be pretty handy then. This would be my first and only lens with it's own motor, and my first and only with WR. So it would would fill up a big gap in my lineup... But I still think it's boring.

2. I've been lusting after a f1.2 prime for a while. But I am on a budget though. And I'm not going to install a split screen of any kind. Moreover, I already have two f1.4's. The FA50 and a Ricoh Rikenon 55. But my gut doesn't listen to logic and says this would be the most fun.

3. A old cheap pentax dslr that I can mod for Infra Red! Preferably a IST or a K100d. Currently I use a 2MP Oly 2020c. A point and shoot from the time IR wasn't filtered out yet. (Yes, it even shoots through various woven materials.) I can easily do handheld IR with it on cloudy days or in the evening... But I would LOVE the option of using my K-mount lenses in IR.

Haha... Who helps me choose what option is best?
I couldn't handle it anymore... I pulled the trigger on option number 1.
01-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Its all LBA

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Well, if we're listing non-LBA purchases then I'll add an interesting remote timer for the K5 and a set of Telescope legs for the C90.
Its all LBA (maybe xBA?). But I did list the Three Queens in there somewhere.
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Its all LBA (maybe xBA?). But I did list the Three Queens in there somewhere.
I've seen BBA (Bag Buying Addiction) and others listed separately so I try, when it says LBA, to stick to lenses

01-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't think of anything I really, really want--which is a good thing since I'll spend the next three years paying for 2011.
01-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #54
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I'm with Clinton on this, not LBA more in my case CBA, in terms a couple of FF when they come out later in the year (I'm ever hopeful)
01-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Rokinon 85/1.4. That's it. I'll use it both the K-5 and GH2. And then I'll wait until Pany/Olympus come out with high quality M43 zooms - fast, constant aperture, parfocal, CDAF optimized. Then I'll go crazy.
01-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I with all the others wishing for a 24mm, it's probably the only lens that would entice me to buy another lens right now. This preview of the soon-to-be-released Samyang 24mm makes it look like a beautifully-made lens. Metal construction, full-frame, close focusing (less than a foot) and f1.4 . . . if only it works as well as it looks on paper:

Last edited by les3547; 01-03-2012 at 08:35 AM.
01-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #57
Veteran Member

I couldn't handle it anymore... I pulled the trigger on option number 1.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

when does it arrive?!?! all your talk about the 18-135 has me drooling. there's no way that sucker can be in my budget though.
01-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Got these three already, just missing one: FA*300/2.8 ...

01-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

when does it arrive?!?! all your talk about the 18-135 has me drooling. there's no way that sucker can be in my budget though.
Haha... Appearently, LBA is extremely contagious.

I have no idea when it's going to arrive. From the UK to the Netherlands usually takes about a week. But Paypal is taking forever to process my payment. They should hurry up, before I spend the same money twice.

Doesn't fit my budget either, I've sold my DA 16-45, kitlens, and yesterday my Rikenon 55mm 1.4 to fund this thing.
01-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Haha... Appearently, LBA is extremely contagious.

I have no idea when it's going to arrive. From the UK to the Netherlands usually takes about a week. But Paypal is taking forever to process my payment. They should hurry up, before I spend the same money twice.

Doesn't fit my budget either, I've sold my DA 16-45, kitlens, and yesterday my Rikenon 55mm 1.4 to fund this thing.
oh yes, LBA is definitely contagious. *scratches arm while looking at all my lenses*

i'd love to hear how the lens goes when it finally arrives, complete with pics and comments. i got my 100mm macro f4 this afternoon. very happy with it, even if it was over budget. least you got to half justify your lens with some lenses sold. my 'to sell' pile hasn't budged an inch, except for me to put more things on the pile. i'm too busy taking pics and trawling ebay and the marketplace for more lenses to buy, to get around to selling what i have...