Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What the Heck is This Adapter???

I won this lens on "the bay", it's a super tak 135 2.5 (not the Super Multi or SMC), and it's clearly an M42, with some sort of adapter or whacked out attachment. Anyone recognize what it is??

http://pictures.kyozou.com/pictures/_13/12231/12230764.jpg

01-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

looks like canon fd mount, I think I had one on an adaptall lens I bought a while back but I am not willing to bet on it.
01-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #3

Original Poster
Ah. yeah, I was finally finding some images that were pointing at that too.

Feels good to be returning a pentax lens to the pentax lifestyle, and I have a feeling the lens will be happy about it too!

Thanks!
01-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I saw that on ebay but took a pass because of the mount. Good on you for restoring it.

01-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think it's a canon FD. You can start buy a nex5n, or better a nex7, with adapter, or even better: several adapters. You will need all the adapters very soon.
A good thing is you no longer limit to any mount any lens and can start hunting the canon fd 85/1.2.

Please don't take my advice seriously :-)
01-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might want the lens any way. The adaptor probably screws off. What people forget is that the canon FD mount has a larger diameter throat and shorter registry distance than Pentax, making simple screw on adaptors possible
01-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
You might want the lens any way. The adaptor probably screws off. What people forget is that the canon FD mount has a larger diameter throat and shorter registry distance than Pentax, making simple screw on adaptors possible
Oh yes, I want this lens. That's why I bid on it Now the question is, is it really "for parts or repair" as the condition was set in the auction, or fully working and they just wanted to not worry about returns... the description was "There are minor scratches on the lenses and also scuffing on the outside from normal use." Could be fun to take it apart and fix it even if it is "for parts or repair." Nothing looked wrong in the images. A very short, impatient wait and I shall find out.

01-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pezmaker Quote
I won this lens on "the bay", it's a super tak 135 2.5 (not the Super Multi or SMC), and it's clearly an M42, with some sort of adapter or whacked out attachment. Anyone recognize what it is??

http://pictures.kyozou.com/pictures/_13/12231/12230764.jpg
that mount is the reason that I have been loyal to Pentax for 40 years. when I first got enough $$$ to buy a good camera pentax was
using the m42 screw mount which was as universal as existed at the time, Canon was using a mount that looked like this--- you stuck
the lense on and then rotated a locking ring to make it stay there, and Nikon was using an external linkage to pass the lens setting to the camera body. I though Pentax was better positioned for the future than the competiton and here I am.
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
I saw that on ebay but took a pass because of the mount. Good on you for restoring it.
FYI, this lens is a beauty. That adapter twisted right off and life was grand. The *only* thing it's missing is the front 58mm lens cap, but hey, who could complain? Now I just need to finish reading the 300 pages of the takumar club so I can post my very own Takumar Entry pics.

Oh, also, the lens has some history (don't all takumars?). It has engraved (now rusty) "Broward County Soil Erosion" on the barrel. Beyond that minor bit of rust, there isn't a thing wrong with it. Not bad for $41 shipped.
01-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pezmaker Quote
FYI, this lens is a beauty. That adapter twisted right off and life was grand.
Excellent news indeed. This should be a crackin' great lens, congrats!