Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Wait for the big show in Japan, after that you're allowed to complain okay
CP+ next month

Last edited by Anvh; 01-11-2012 at 05:31 AM.
01-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simple question, simple answer - yes.
01-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Hello hello hello ?

A glimpse, just a glimpse was had of a rugged appearing, possibly mirrorless, viewfinderless camera sporting what looked like a k-mount limited or pancake lens. Could this be a prototype of something forthcoming? Please note that no announcements have been made and nothing is substantiated. This was just a spotting of what looked to possibly be something new. Maybe. More information will be posted as learned. Stay tuned!

P3 News & Reviews: Mystery Camera Spotted at CES?
01-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not anytime soon. I just happen to have more accessories than I need and less money than I would like to have. But I won't hesitate when the situation changes.

01-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
A glimpse, just a glimpse was had of a rugged appearing, possibly mirrorless, viewfinderless camera sporting what looked like a k-mount limited or pancake lens. Could this be a prototype of something forthcoming? Please note that no announcements have been made and nothing is substantiated. This was just a spotting of what looked to possibly be something new. Maybe. More information will be posted as learned. Stay tuned!
I believe it is the 15 years old mirrorless k-mount prototype that we already seen to many times. That one looked quite rugged (and yes, ugly too).
01-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Hello hello hello ?

P3 News & Reviews: Mystery Camera Spotted at CES?
After reading this I want to change my answer to NO, definitely NOT. Appearently, doomsday messages are the cure for LBA!
01-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
Not anytime soon. I just happen to have more accessories than I need and less money than I would like to have. But I won't hesitate when the situation changes.
I'm the same way. I probably won't be buying many new lenses, but it's more a matter of "need vs finances" than any uncertainty about the future of Pentax.
01-11-2012, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

I don't believe any of the rumours floating around, and I'm not buying into the alarmist BS people keep posting. Japan got hit so hard last year, and I think that alone is a very plausible reason for delays and lack of announcements from Pentax. Add to that the floods in Thailand, the loss of Sony's sensor plant, AND the Ricoh takeover of the brand, and I'm not surprised in the least that they've been silent. Pentax will announce something new when they're good and ready, and it's probably in all our best interest that they not feel too pressured to rush something dumb out the door.

Any purchases I make are not going to be influenced by anything other than my creaky old wallet. There's more dust in there than on my sensor.

01-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I agree, the whining and hand-wringing is absurd. Ricoh bought Pentax to grow the brand, they've said so repeatedly. Give them half a chance before hitting the panic button.
01-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #25
Veteran Member

They just acquired Pentax so it is expected to take some time on developing new products. I wonder how the X-Pro1 might alter their plan though.
01-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #26

Yes. As a matter of fact just bought another lens.
01-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #27
Site Supporter

I have two new lenses that I'm wanting and I am being a little tentative about committing to purchase because I'm optimistic that something new from Pentax might be a better/more affordable option for me. I'd like something in the 70-200 f/2.8 class with the IQ and price of the Tamron and the focusing speed of the Sigma (which may be unrealistic) and I'd also like something like the DA 35mm f/2.4 in a 50mm. That one seems like a no-brainer for Pentax, a DA 50mm prime in the sub-$200 price range for newbies.

However, I'm renting the Sigma 70-200 next month to shoot some hockey tournaments that my boys are in and if I haven't heard any news by then, I suspect I'll be pulliing the trigger on that and an FA 50mm. So to answer the OP, yes, still buying/planning on buying K mount. But then, I don't see myself as a buy-a-new-body-every-year kind of guy anyway. I'll likely be using my K-r for many years and the dividends on my "investment" in k-mount lenses will be paid back in images if not dollars.
01-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Of course! As long as they are still selling them.
01-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Pentax have always had the biggest reputation of enabling backward fitting lenses as far as I can remember. It has always been a big selling point.
it would be foolish and perhaps costly for any company to lose out on such a thing. I personly think that no matter what system they keep they will
keep K mount. If however they actualy ceased to make SLRs altogether then I will be back to Nikon as fast as I can say ebay lol
I have zero intrest in this mirrorless rubbish. Lets face it though...... It happned to Olympus.......
01-11-2012, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
If however they actualy ceased to make SLRs altogether then I will be back to Nikon as fast as I can say ebay lol
I have zero intrest in this mirrorless rubbish. Lets face it though...... It happned to Olympus.......
Ricoh has stated that one of their intentions in purchasing Pentax is to compete with Canon, their nearest competitor in the copier industry.

Logically, they can't do that without a range of DSLR's.