Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Ricoh has stated that one of their intentions in purchasing Pentax is to compete with Canon, their nearest competitor in the copier industry.

Logically, they can't do that without a range of DSLR's.
Nice to hear that ! The K5 is certainly a good start. Asuming they can get rid of the strange focusing problems everyone seems to suffer.
I cant beleive either they would give up on SLR design as the K5 is quite poss the top of the tree at the moment.
Im new to Pentax too, so it would be almost funny if they did lol.

01-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Of course I will. I'm also not disappointed in CES. #1 it's not over yet. #2 CP+ is a far better show for Cameras (and where the 645D was announced) - CES is a P&S show. #3 I don't expect to see the coolest best of what pricoh has to offer until Photokina which is the biggest show in the industry and only happens every other year (this sept being the next) - that's where the K5 was announced

If you're looking to sell off at fire-sale prices due to your fears though I will encourage you to PM me with a list.
01-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
Nice to hear that ! The K5 is certainly a good start. Asuming they can get rid of the strange focusing problems everyone seems to suffer.
I cant beleive either they would give up on SLR design as the K5 is quite poss the top of the tree at the moment.
Im new to Pentax too, so it would be almost funny if they did lol.
Everyone seems to suffer ? I think that is a major overstatement. I have two K5s and have had virtually no focus issues at all over the past 14 months. There are many out there that do not suffer issues - it is maybe only with certain lenses and under certain conditons.
01-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #34
Veteran Member

this type of news doesn't really faze me. I'll buy what I want if I need it because Pentax will still produce K mount APSC bodies for at least 5 years even if they released a new mirrorless APSC mount that will ultimately replace K mount. They won't just cut off their entire customer base. And the upcoming bodies or tbh the K-5 are/will be good enough anything that I need to do for a long time.

But I see myself sticking mostly with legacy lenses. And going with higher end options like the M/K 85 and the K28/2. these will continue to be great lenses regardless of what system you use them on.

I keep planning on selling some of my extras though. I don't use several of them so I might as well.

01-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I did not know of the disappointment and uncertainty at CES. But, before some recent threads, I did not know APS-C was incapable of taking a decent image.

Boy, am I out of the loop.
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #36
Veteran Member

01-11-2012, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

As they used to say when I sold computers... if you buy it to do something you want it to do, it will always do that until it breaks. Pentax makes some every nice lenses. If you have a Pentax camera why wouldn't you have a shopping list of Pentax lenses? If you don't, you need to buy into another camera system. The idea is to enjoy photography, not to fret about the future etc. If Pentax's future seems uncertain to you, you should probably be into something else. Honestly, it's a thought that has never crossed my mind. Do the thing you do full tilt, until the next thing comes along. My one caviat would be, I only have one FA lens at the moment. I'm thinking I'd like the 35 macro, but I'm wondering if I should lay out the extra bucks for an FA 31 Ltd.. just in case Pentax really does make a full frame camera. I know, I'm on record as saying Pentax doesn't need one... but that's no reason not to use the possibility of one as an excuse to lay out the extra $600 to get one of the best lenses ever made on any platform.

01-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Heck, if k-mount lenses get retired, I'd just go and buy two k-5s to use for a while.

And a FA43

And a FA50 2.8

And a FA 300

lalala...
01-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #39
Veteran Member

The only new lens I'm really hot to own is the 55-300 AF, but of course I will likely invest in more K mount lenses at one point or another, probably just used via Goodwill with my budget as I run across something interesting. That's a given that cheap K mount lenses will come my way one way or the other. I'm not into investing in a lot of new AF lenses, no, but then I wouldn't be anyhow. I do want the 55-300 at some point but actually I have a pretty full kit otherwise.
01-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
My 18-135 WR will be arriving end of this week, or early next week. And
When it arrives, please post plenty of shots and give a short review of the lens. I am very interested in getting it for my next trip.

Thanks in Advance
01-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
When it arrives, please post plenty of shots and give a short review of the lens. I am very interested in getting it for my next trip.

Thanks in Advance
LOL, I guess this puts me in the category of "yes, i still plan to buy Pentax lenses"

Just because a company does not release a new product, doesn't mean the product currently around your neck somehow becomes less effective.
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #42
Veteran Member

LOL, I guess this puts me in the category of "yes, i still plan to buy Pentax lenses"

Just because a company does not release a new product, doesn't mean the product currently around your neck somehow becomes less effective.
+1 to that

My Bronica Medium format works very well, and they have been out of production for about a decade. But if I shoot it properly and do a high quality scan it outperforms even the FF cameras out there. Same with my 40 year old Mamiya Super 23 6x7/6x9 (depending on the back)
parts and repairs may not be as easy to come by though
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Thanks in Advance
Have you seen this thread? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/134615-pentax-...s-samples.html
Lots of pictures in the later pages.

Last edited by audiobomber; 01-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
...it's probably in all our best interest that they not feel too pressured to rush something dumb out the door.
Too late...they already released the "Q".
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Of course I will, and if someone wants to jump ship and get rid of all their lenses for cheap please hold off until I get my next pay check!