Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

According to the supplied tracking number it arrived in the UK today, so I should get it in the next couple days... Looking forward to trying it out...
Nick Faiello's shots at f1.7 look sharp enough for me...

02-02-2012, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Verglace Quote
Apparently its water-resistant (half way through the page "Super durable & water-resistant metal product!"), although I don't see any o-rings and I don't think anyone will be brave enough to test that claim. :P
I will. I have used the FA31Ltd on a K5 in pissing rain without protection and without ill effects, so why not a $50 lens?
02-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
...I have used the FA31Ltd on a K5 in pissing rain without protection and without ill effects...
*faint*
02-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
Veteran Member

It got held up in customs but finally arrived today...
I was on the way out but apart from the lens cap (very flimsy) the lens feels pretty solid... Focus has a nice feel and apperture ring makes a satisfying 'clik' sound...

Will post again when I've used it in anger...

02-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
It got held up in customs but finally arrived today...
I was on the way out but apart from the lens cap (very flimsy) the lens feels pretty solid... Focus has a nice feel and apperture ring makes a satisfying 'clik' sound...

Will post again when I've used it in anger...
Looking forward to seeing some example shots. I still haven't ordered one.
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #21

decent enough lens. sharp enoug wide open and good bokeh. cant fault it for the price. v.solid build quality too.
05-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, I finally got round to ordering it, and its winging its way from Korea as I type. Can't wait to get it. I really like the bokeh it produces. Hope its a bit sharper than some iof Nick Faiello's tho.

05-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #23
Veteran Member

It produces quite a busy yet oddly pleasing out of focus area...

Doesn't always make the bag but sometimes find I wish it had...

Currently attached to a busted MEsuper as I'm a lens-back-cap down...
05-24-2012, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #24

I have the horusbennu 50mm lens. Well, I'm happy with it, and I took some photos with it yesterday which I'm quite happy with.
I can show u a pic I took yesterday with the horusbennu lens!
And sorry for my bad english; I'm 14 years old and from Sweden so...

Last edited by Jenniaim; 05-24-2012 at 08:45 AM.
05-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was looking into a fast 50mm some time ago. With the Horusbennu all the sample shots I saw were really nice, but didn't see any real reviews. I decided to go for a Pentax-M 50mm instead, as it was cheaper (and also had good reviews). The Horusbennu does have a nice way of rendering the out of focus area.. has some character.. maybe I should have gone for that one instead
05-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jenniaim Quote
I have the horusbennu 50mm lens. Well, I'm happy with it, and I took some photos with it yesterday which I'm quite happy with.
I can show u a pic I took yesterday with the horusbennu lens!
And sorry for my bad english; I'm 14 years old and from Sweden so...
Nice shot, Jenniaim, and your English is just fine

My Horusbennu arrived yesterday, its really well built, and I agree with Dave about the lens cap. Also, got a free UV filter as part of the deal which I had no idea I would get, so that was a nice surprise.

I took a few of the mandatory test shots yesterday, but the time of day, the overcast conditions and getting used to it, mean they aren't very good.

Nonetheless, here's a couple... more to come when the weather brightens up a bit...

05-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
...The Horusbennu does have a nice way of rendering the out of focus area.. has some character.. maybe I should have gone for that one instead
As well as, I would say I still plan to get a Pentax M50 as well, and the DA*55. Just have to save for them. Can you have too many 50s? Probably not, according to those who have lots
05-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm... having a bit of an issue with the lens... or perhaps with the camera. Everything set to manual... it will not let me shoot if I don't have focus... any clues, anyone?
05-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Hmmm... having a bit of an issue with the lens... or perhaps with the camera. Everything set to manual... it will not let me shoot if I don't have focus... any clues, anyone?
Do you have CIF enabled and the AF set to AF.S? This prevents a shutter-snap if no focus confirmation. Set AF to AF.C or MF to temporarily disable CIF.
05-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Do you have CIF enabled and the AF set to AF.S? This prevents a shutter-snap if no focus confirmation. Set AF to AF.C or MF to temporarily disable CIF.
What an idiot I am. Manual lens... manual focus... why on earth did I leave it at AF.S? I never forget to shift the Rokkor to manual, god knows what I was thinking here.

Thank you, RioRico, much appreciated